Sunday, July 8, 2018

This week

I don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I know, who really does but they gave me a whole week off so I really don't want to go back.

A few weeks ago, they decided they were going to shut down for the week because sales were down. Most people were upset, don't get me wrong, none of them wanted to be there, but most couldn't afford getting paid for one day (the 4th). A few people were complaining how they didn't have vacation days and they burned through their personal time already. Most of them used them just to take days off, no real reason to use them.

Then there's me, who never really uses his vacation days. I've used 2 of my 2 weeks so far, one on a court date with the Ex, the other on our annual Father's day weekend camping trip. I regret using both because both times sucked. Either way, that still leaves me with 8 days. For the record, I also have 14 of my 16 personal time left as well. So when they said, hey, you're getting a week off, I was stoked. I put in for 4 vacation days and said, see ya!

I cropped out the sign cuz you all
don't need to know where I work.

The wife and I decided to head on out on Saturday (last weekend) and took the kids with us to Virginia to see her family. We basically hung out with family through Monday.

Sam's b-day was Sunday


On Tuesday, Cheri hung out with her BFF all day while the kids and I headed out for just outside Asheville, NC to hang out with my cousin all day. It was only an 1 1/2 drive from Bristol so we went down that morning and hung out up in the mountains before heading back.




On the 4th, we headed back which was a great decision because there was absolutely nobody on the roads. Other than around the big cities, there wasn't anybody out there. A normal 10 hour drive took us less than 9 and the only reason it took that much time is because I have an insurance thingy in my car portal which dings me if I go over 80 mph. Basically, I set the cruise at 78. If the speed limit was 70 mph, I went 78. If it dropped down to 55 mph, I went 78 mph. Normally, when it is 70 mph, I set my cruise for mid to high 80's.

Thursday we chilled at home, Friday we spent all day building our shed for the back yard, that's a whole another story but it's finally up. Haven't really done anything since but either way, I really enjoyed having a week off and I'm also really not looking forward to going to work tomorrow.

The positive of going back to work is the week before, they put the walls up to my lab/office. I'm hoping they went in and got my cabinets, countertops and sink got installed this week so I can move in. I don't think they did, but I'm crossing my fingers. I've already got my desk, I'm just waiting on the other stuff to get put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment