Sunday, February 10, 2013

Teenagers suck

ecard2

For those that don’t know, we have a college aged daughter living with us.  A few days ago she brings home a dozen donuts.  She left them out on the table and Cheri and I helped ourselves to a couple.  This morning, she comes in to our bedroom bitching that we ate some of her donuts.  Really?  Because I’m pretty sure you eat OUR cereal, with OUR milk.  As a matter of fact, when we buy snack type foods, if we get something we really like we hide it because she eats it.  Now we don’t care if she has any, the problem is, she’ll eat the majority of it before you even get to it.  I buy snack stuff for my lunches at work and I have to hide them now.  It’ll be a box of 12 and I’ll get 3, Cheri will have a few, Skyler will have the other half of the box.  I never complain about her eating our stuff but she doesn’t hesitate to barge into our room bitching that we ate her donuts.

Then yesterday, she asks us for a new mattress for her bed.  I say Hell no, she wants to treat us like we don’t exist, then we return the favor.  She comes and goes as she pleases, which is fine by us, but we ask what she’s doing just for polite conversation and she won’t give us the time of the day.  The problem is, Cheri has short term memory loss.  Me, I’d save up the crap she says to me and use it back at her when she asks for something.  We came home yesterday, and Cheri poked her head in to let her know we were home, her response “I don’t care”.  Me, I would have remembered that in the evening when she asks her mom to move her clothes from the washer to the dryer because she was leaving.  I would have said “I don’t care”.

I’m all about eye for an eye, she treats me like shit, I’d treat her like shit.  Simple as that.  Cheri is nicer than me and like I said, she has a short term memory.  Maybe I’m just being an asshole, I probably am, but I hate the way she treats Cheri and she just takes it.  Granted, I hate it when they fight, but she needs someone to put her in her place.  She doesn’t rarely say anything to me because she knows it’ll come back.  I understand it’s her daughter and she tries to have a relationship with her, but that relationship works both ways.

I can’t wait for the day that Skyler gets her head out of her ass and realizes how she treats people.  She rarely keeps friends for very long, I assume that’s because they eventually get tired of her shit.  I’m guessing in about 10 years, she’ll start to figure it out.  Hopefully it’s sooner, but we’ll see.  I keep telling Cheri, there will be a day in the future where she will realize how much of an ass she’s been towards her mother.  We’ve all been there, I’ve been there.

This may sound like a petty bitch over donuts but there are so many other things I could complain about when it comes to her.  Don’t get me wrong, I love her, but I hate how she treats people.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what it would be like living with a college age daughter. Our son was moody beyond belief while we paid for his four years of college. After graduation he moved back in with us and then moved to Arizona to find himself. Evidently, he couldn't find himself in Arizona so he moved back in. Last year I finally had a talk with him and told him it was over, get the heck out of our house and go sink or swim. Guess what---he swam.

    ReplyDelete