Saturday, February 23, 2013

Randomness #6

I feel like a slacker.  I haven’t posted here since Monday, but that happens on this blog occasionally.  What makes me a real slacker is I hadn’t posted on My Sports Obsession since Wednesday.  Why does that make me a slacker?  Because I actually have completed draft posts saved up for that blog and I still hadn’t posted until just before I started typing this.  I just haven’t been in the mood.  I even let my Tumblr posts run out and I usually have those queued up for a week or so.  I suck.

On my work days, I’d get home, shower, eat and then spend the evening in front of the tv, barely even touching my laptop.  So I guess you could say I haven’t been in the mood to do anything.  We did get fully caught up on the DVR from being gone all weekend though so that’s one thing.  But now we’ve been renting movies all weekend from the Redbox because we were caught up.  We watched “Seven Psychopaths” and “Taken 2” last night.  This afternoon and evening we’ve watched “Ted”, “Pitch Perfect” and are watching “Alex Cross” at the moment and will probably watch “Bourne Legacy” later tonight.  I know, we lead such an exciting life.

zzz-ecard07

My latest ecard creation.

Last night, I took my kids to supper, then Samantha and I went to see her cousin at pep band.  If you follow my Instagram, you saw the picture when I posted it during supper.

aa

That was at Arby’s because we are high class in this family.  But I’m showing you this picture so I can show you the first take when I was trying to get it.

a

Just as I go to click the button, Samantha goes “wait, I got something in my teeth” and starts digging in with her nail.  Ain’t she beautiful.  Anyways, we went to a high school basketball game but we were mainly there to see her cousin (technically my ex-niece) play in the pep band.  I’ve said before that I talk and hang out with theEx’s sister still.  Well, her daughter has been texting me recently too.  Which I love.  As much as I don’t like to be around theEx anymore, I do miss her family.  They were my family for 13 years so I guess that’s to be expected, but I didn’t really think the nieces would remember me because they were younger and I haven’t been around them for a few years now.  So I was surprised to receive texts from her and even more surprised that she’s been inviting me to come watch her play.  So that’s what Samantha and I did last night.  Then Samantha had girl scouts this morning and then again tomorrow night so it’s a busy weekend with a lot of sitting around in between.

One thing I have been doing lately is constantly checking my blogs for spam.  Both of them have been pounded lately.  It’s nice to see my stats on certain posts rise but I expect that they it is mainly spammers adding to that.  I did cross a couple of milestones recently on both blogs.  I’ve reached 200 posts on this blog as well as reaching my 2 year anniversary yesterday.  This is actually post 202 so I reached it last week.  It also crossed 20,000 pageviews a few days ago.  My Sports Obsession passed 600 posts last week as well as 40,000 pageviews.  Maybe reaching those milestones is the reason I’ve been spanked with spam lately.  Most of you don’t know (because you don’t leave comments) that I just use the spam filter, I don’t use the captcha crap because I hate trying to read it.  The filter does pretty good, it stops 95% of the spam but I get an e-mail from blogger with EVERY comment, even spam comments.  It would be nice if the emails said that it stopped it for spam but all it says is there was a comment and I have to go to the blog post to see if it got posted.  This blog has had 34 spam comments in February, but 17 of those have come in the last week.  My Sports Obsession has had 15 this month and only 5 in the last week so it’s something on this blog that has gotten the attention of the spammers.  Particularly the post “Kids and Social Media” has been nailed.  It posted on January 28th, less than a month and it is already my 3rd most read post all time.  Like I said above, spammers are giving me nice blog stats.

In case you haven’t noticed, I don’t talk about working out anymore.  Because I got lazy again.  I think if I could do it most everyday, I would stick to it more.  The problem is, I can’t work out on the days I work and when I work a weekend, it’s 3 days straight of not working out.  Apparently that was all it took to get me to stop.  So I guess I’ll just have to get use to the fact that I’m fat.  I’ll have to come to the fact that the only 6 pack I’ll ever own is of Mountain Dew.  Oh wait, I don’t buy pop anymore.  I won’t even have one of those.

I guess I had more to say than I thought.  Maybe I should make myself do a blog post every few days.  Apparently if I sit down and make myself type something out that I can.  I’m sure it will be nothing exciting but then again, only spammers read my blog anyways.  I know they read it because they always say so in their comments.  They would never lie, everything on the internet is true.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I read your blog and I'm not a spammer. Cute kids, by the way.

    ReplyDelete