Sunday, May 26, 2019

Not so great week

It hasn't been a great week for me, hopefully things will get better.

Monday I went to work to find out one of my friends died early that morning. He was having chest pains and we believe he was driving himself to the hospital when he had a horrible crash. Coroner believes he died of a heart attack before the crash so he didn't suffer in that. He was only 52. It's been a pretty somber week at work.


On Tuesday, my boss informed me that he put in his 2 weeks notice. This boss is the reason I have the job I do. We worked at a different place together for 15 years and than I left and eventually he left and than he got me transferred to where I'm at. I really like the job and it's been great for us. I can survive without him. I can still contact him and will probably see him a little but what fears me more is who we end up with as a boss. I think I'm going to put in for the job but I doubt I'll get it. I'm not "enthusiastic" enough for them.


Wednesday I went golfing so there is that. Not that I had a great day golfing but it's always nice to be out there.


Thursday my daughter was all kinds of attitude because my wife texted her and told her not to make plans tonight so they could complete their chores. Than later on, I texted them not to make plans for Saturday because we were all going to work in the yard. She gets pissed at the stupidest things and just carries it forever instead of just letting things go. Chores are weekly and we ask the kids to help us in the yard once a year, in the spring. She acts like we make her do all kinds of things. Their chores took an hour and the yard work was maybe 3 hours. Heaven forbid we ask for 4 hours out of her life. Stupid teenagers.


Friday, I got off work early and came home to my wife asking me to run to Walmart to pick up groceries because they were ready. No biggy, it's right up the road. Pull up, check in and they bring it all out and load the car. Wrong! I pull up and check in to only realize that she put the wrong Walmart address in so I ended up having to drive all the way out to a further one, about 20 minutes. As I'm pulling in, I get a call from the wife, saying she just got a call from the school and the girl we have living with us was in an "incident" and that we needed to come in. Now we figured she got in a fight because they wouldn't tell us what was going on. So we weren't in a hurry. I drove home from Walmart, unloaded the groceries and picked up my wife and than headed for the school. We pull in to ambulances and a cop car. We go in and they tell us that she got in a fight in the lunch room and punched a boy. What was worse is that she punched a wall when she left the lunch room and broke her hand. The school talked the parents of the kid to not press charges because she is 18 and the kid she hit wasn't yet so she could have been in huge trouble. They threatened to file charges on him because of the hate stuff coming out of his mouth that instigated the fight. Once we were done at the school, we took her to the ER to get her hand wrapped and we have to take her to an Orthopedic doc on Tuesday, which is the same day as my court date for child support and my friends funeral. So it continues.


Saturday we got some yard work done, kids all helped and had good attitudes. It was a good day and I haven't done anything today so things are already starting to look up.

On top of all of this, Cheri has been in a lot of pain and fighting a lot of headaches. She's been diagnosed with arthritis in her spine and neck to go along with all her other disabilities. What's worse than the arthritis is it tends to give her headaches, which turn in to migraines.

We'll see if I get through tomorrow with the usual festivities of Memorial Day. We spend the morning at a parade and than caravan around to a couple of cemeteries where we have family buried before going to my cousins for a cook out. I already told you what I got going Tuesday. Wednesday I go back to work, Thursday I have an EHS conference to go to and then more work Friday. Here's hoping next week is quick and painless.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Yes. A crappy week. Hang in there.

    Two days ago, I found out that my high school best friend was killed in a car crash. He was best man in my wedding. I lived with his family for a while. He lived with mine. We were roommates. Big shock.

    But he is also the guy who my wife cheated with, so mixed feelings. It's been an emotional few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to clarify, not my current wife.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I figured it wasn't on Red. That's rough as well, not sure how I'd feel in that situation.

      Delete
  2. They say that bad news comes in three's, so I think you've earned a reprieve. I hope Cheri will find relief from the headaches and treatment that works. Teenagers. Their obnoxiousness is, in my opinion, God's plan for their departure a happy thing instead of a sad thing. :-)
    One of the most surprising things, at least for me, is receiving the news that a childhood friend (or contemporary) passed away. I have seen plenty of those in the past 5 years. It never ceases to surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so ready for an empty nest. Can't I just jump ahead a few years?

      I haven't had to deal with much death, or at least of people I truly cared about. A grandfather a few years ago and that's about it. I've been lucky.

      Delete