Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Walking and 7-Eleven suck


Just to let you know how hard this challenge (yesterdays post) is going to be for me, I was going to go walking today after work, you know, kind of a warm up before the challenge starts tomorrow. About 2 o'clock, at work, I got stuck outside in the pouring rain as a sudden storm hit and I was on my forklift trying to get some things inside. I was drenched. I wasn't all that concerned with being wet since I was getting off in half an hour anyways but when I got home, I helped the wife put the ice maker back together (she was trying to figure out why it stopped working) and I still planned on going but do you know what ultimately prevented me from going? My socks were wet. Yup, there you have it.

My thought process was at first, I'll just go for a walk in my work boots (they look like tennis shoes/sneakers) so I don't have to change my socks. Then my though process was, it probably won't be good to walk in wet socks, I'll probably end up with blisters or something. Then I was thinking, but I don't want to change socks just to go walking and then take them off to shower. So I just didn't go.

Do you see how easy it is to talk myself out of going? Do you see how hard it is going to be to do this challenge?

I'm going to give it a go though, we'll see how well I do.










If you follow me on Twitter, or should I say, if you actually read what I tweet because I'm sure the majority, if not all, of my followers don't even know I exist, then you saw this tweet earlier, and I shall explain here.

On my way home, I took an alternate route than I normally take. Because we got blasted with rain, the road I work on floods and I mean floods. I have seen cars get stalled trying to drive though it. So I took the back route out to avoid that and I needed gas, so I hit the 7-Eleven that I pass by. Normally I hit, what we call, the Smith's Food Mart which is on my usual route. It's been there for years and I tend to me loyal to places that never give me any problems. Plus they have greasy gas station food that I love (Pizza Puffs). Yummy! I'm hungry now.

Anyways, I went to 7-Eleven and inserted my card, put in my pin number and it said cancelled by cashier. In other words, they run a certain amount on my card at the start to make sure you can afford gas and I didn't have enough in it. Now, I was only going to put $10 in, for one, I get paid Friday. Two, $10 will last me a week because for the most part, I drive back and forth to work and that's pretty much it. I only work 4 miles from work, 8 miles round trip so I don't use much gas. Since mid-February, I have only gone 2625.7 miles.

I absolutely hate the fact that these places do this. I understand they are protecting themselves from thieves but you know what, don't punish me for the criminals out there. I understand, but it doesn't make me happy. So I got in my car and drove off. I do pay at the pump because I don't want to go inside and pay. I don't want to roll my windows up, take the keys out and lock the car when I should be able to scan my card and never leave the area around my car. Not to mention, people suck so if I can avoid a few, I'm out. I drove off and went to Smith's, which is a Phillips 66 station. Put my card in, put $10 in and left.

For the record, do you know how much I had in my account when 7-11 denied my card? $65 was my balance. My car won't even hold $65 of gas at the current cost. They must be running it for $100 to see if you deem worthy for their gas.

I will be avoiding 7-Elevens from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment