Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Walking again?

I've decided that I may decide that I might start walking again. Sounds optimistic doesn't it. I need to start walking again, I feel better when I do and most of all, it would cut into my nap time which I need because I don't sleep as much at night when I'm napping in the afternoon.

I've also decided that I am going to set a goal for the month of September. That goal is 10,000 steps a day. Well technically, an average of 10,000 steps because we all know how much I like my lazy weekends. So I figure if I want a lazy Sunday, then I have to step it up during the week to get the count up to make up for the lazy Sunday. I say Sunday because I normally, weather pending, mow the lawn on Saturday morning and that's usually good for around 10,000 steps alone.

I told my wife the goal, and now I'm telling you. I'm hoping if I tell enough people that I will actually do it.

I did enjoy walking when I did it before but as soon as I took a few days off, I got out of the habit and then could never get going again. My mom won't be happy with this since we compete for steps. I may actually be able to take the weekends that she usually beats me on. I get the weekdays because of work and she gets weekends because I'm lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment