Friday, April 22, 2022

Social Media and Me

I want to be better about social media. I do like posting stuff just so I have a record of what's going on in my life and I have a blog where I record everything. Such as the Facebook timeline where it tells you what you did on that day in previous years. My blog is the same way only it has everything from journal entries (3 different) to social media posts to blog posts. Even list everywhere I've been that day so I like the concept of social media as a timeline, I don't really care about the social part of it.

My last Facebook post

My problem is, I don't take the time to post on social media when something happens. My instinct isn't, grab my phone and tell the world what's going on so by the time I think about it, it's usually, I should have posted about that. Therefore, I suck at social media.

I have all the social media on my phone but I rarely use it. I send out a snap a day to the couple of people I have streaks with and that's about it. I don't get on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter on my phone, not just to read. The only social media I do on my phone would be Tik Tok (watching) and I only do that when I'm alone at home, which usually means in the bathroom.

My last Instagram post

I just don't use if much for the intended use. I do get on each of those listed above but after I get home and settled in the recliner and I use my laptop. I go through Facebook but I have a favorites list with about 30 people on it and then I have a few pages bookmarked that I check daily and that's it. I have 263 friends, I would say half of that is family if not more, the rest are people I went to school with or work with but the majority of them I don't really follow. I added them way back in the day and I don't really unfriend anyone unless there is a reason so they just sit there.

My last tweet

Twitter is the same way, I made a couple of lists and only follow those people, not the 1000's of followers I accumulated back when I made an effort to gain followers. Instagram as well, for the most part I watch the stories and move on. As much as I love being connected to everything, I also don't really care. It's kind of like carrying my phone. I can't imagine not having it with me, I have to have it, but I rarely use it. It's more because if I need something, it's there. I just don't really need it for anything. Although that's not entirely true as I listen to Spotify on it all the time but other than that, it's just there. I used to text a lot but not so much anymore. I get more spam calls than anything, I use it for work phone calls but even those are occasional. I rarely use it for personal phone calls. My peeps prefer texting.

I have noticed that I tend to use it more when I don't work. During the month off of Covid, I used Twitter more, same with this past week that I've had off. I always say that I'm going to start doing better, but I know I won't.

I guess it just isn't for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm terrible with the Twitter too. I don't really mind though, as it's kind of interesting most of the time, at least for me it is. I've yet to try any of the other sites, but have been thinking about signing up for the Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instagram is great for cards. I don't use it personally but for my cousin's cards, I post a couple a day and we've got over 1k followers just my posting pics of cards. I would highly recommend for showing off your collection. I've been half tempted to start posting cards on my personal one as well.

      Delete