Saturday, January 2, 2021

2020 Stats

Another year has passed. My immediate family came through it fairly unscathed but I had plenty of family members who ended up with Covid and even a cousin's kid who was a step away from being put on a ventilator, he's only 23, before he recovered.

One thing that hasn't changed, is that I kept record, or stats of a lot of what I did. I've been doing it awhile as you can tell here.

2013   -   2014   -   2016   -   2017   -   2018   -   2019

While I kept stats in 2015, I didn't do a post, therefore, no link. We moved into our new home this week in 2015 so I was a little preoccupied.

So here we go.
As always, we'll start off with where I ate for the year.

1 Time - 7-Eleven, A&W, Between the Buns, Chili's, DAV, the Golden Egg, Hacienda, Macadoo's, Nelson's Port a Pit, Olive Garden, Panda Express, Panera, Papa John's, Red Robin, Smith's Food Mart, Texas Roadhouse and Walmart Deli.

Lots of places in there, a couple of mini marts (7-Eleven has a great hot dogs and Smith's has great pizza puffs). I love Hacienda but the wife doesn't like it so I don't get it often. Most of it is more expensive than we normally spend (Chili's, Olive Garden, Red Robin and Texas Roadhouse) or it's something I got at work (Nelson's, Papa John's and Walmart Deli.)

2 Times - Dunkin' Donuts, Flippin' Cow, Long John Silver's, Simonton Lake Drive-In and Wing Ect.

Dunkin' Donuts was at work. Flippin' Cow is the best burger joint but it gets expensive so we don't get it much.

3 Times - Cracker Barrel and Jade Garden.

Love Cracker Barrel but again, wife isn't a huge fan of their chairs because they kill her back. Jade Garden is where we do Chinese food take out.

4 Times - Gerace's Pizza and Martin's Deli.

Gerace's is the expensive pizza they get us at work when they are really generous and Martin's Deli is the local grocery store but the Deli has the best fried chicken.

5 Times - Copper Creek Cafe and Mancino's.

Copper Creek Cafe is our go to breakfast place now that we just found this year. Mancino's we grab grinder's.

7 Times - Arby's, Chick-Fil-A, Jimmy John's and Nedderman's Steak Place.

These are all fairly regulars even though 7 times doesn't seem like it. Nedderman's we just discovered at the end of last year so it really jumped up this year.

8 Times - 5 Guys and KFC.

I've always loved 5 Guys but my wife didn't like going all the way to the mall to get it but in the last few months she's been craving it so we've gotten it a lot which is great for me. KFC we don't do for chicken, Martin's Deli is better, but we do love their famous bowls.

9 Times - Culver's.

We love their fries so we go here fairly often, we normally eat there most of the time but we have stopped just for fries once or twice.

Now for the double digit restaurants. Normally we have 5 or 6 but this year, we had 10 with over 10 times eating there. Of course, 5 of those were at the minimum times.

10 Times - Burger King, Dairy Queen, Domino's, Little Ceasars and Wendy's.

Burger King is our go to for fast food burgers. Dairy Queen my son works there now so we'll grab it dropping him off. Domino's is what we prefer for fast food pizza and it just became local. Little Ceasar's was our go to fast food pizza before Domino's came in plus we get it at work every so often. It'll drop a bunch next year. Wendy's we'll do because of the 4 for $4 to feed the kids.

13 Times - Bruno's (last year - 17 times) and Sonic (last year - 4 times) and Steak 'n Shake (last year - 4 times.)

Our go to "real" pizza place is Bruno's. This has slowed down because my wife loves Domino's crust but I still encourage this place even though it's way more expensive.

My wife loves Sonic, I think it's more the loaded tator tots but she's the one that always suggest this. I usually get a Philly Steak N Cheese just because it's one of the few places I can get one.

We usually go here after Sonic just to get Shake's. We used to really like their burgers but when we would go in, the places were always dirty so we just do shake's now.

35 Times - McDonalds (last year - 42 times).

We really don't like most of their food but my wife like's their breakfast when we need something quick and I like the McRib's when they are in which they have been in December. We'll occasionally grab it for a Fish sandwich but that's about it.

48 Times - Taco Bell (last year - 46)
This used to be our favorite fast food but no so much anymore. They've removed the majority of what I like off the menu so I find it harder to find something I really want. What my wife likes you have to order on the app (which we usually use) but the one thing I still like isn't on the app so I usually have to place two orders and they always want to give me one and I have to tell them the next one is mine too. I do love their breakfast still and I get the twice a month when I have to drive over to the other plant to pick up samples but I expect them to lose their reining (last 2 years) spot on this list next year. I haven't added much to it in the last few months since they changed the menu.



These are the totals since I started keeping track. We're up this year because my son started working so I drive him to Dairy Queen and that just leaves the wife and I so I'll just grab something while I'm out.

Next up is my reading. Goodreads always asks you to set goals and I had set 25 books. I generally only read on my breaks at work so I probably would have hit the 25, but I had a month off because of Covid and then I had 2 weeks off for a surgery so my numbers were down.


Last year was my lowest since I started keeping track. Although if you count my pages, I read more than 3 other years listed above. I stuck to the same stuff the whole year though, here it is by authors.

Jim Butcher - 8 books
Stephen King - 6 books
Dean Koontz - 2 books
Kim Harriston - 1 book

Jim Butcher, I was reading the Dresden Files and Kim Harrison released another book in the Hollows series. Stephen King and Dean Koontz are just 2 of my favorite authors so they are my go to when I'm looking for something to read.

You can follow the books I read on Goodreads.

Next up, movies. I do track the TV shows I watch as well but I watch a ton so I'm not going to show that here.


Our movie viewing was down and as you can tell, DVD's have disappeared again and with the shutting down of theaters, I only saw 1 there. Streaming, we have access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and Peacock. TV, we have access to Xfinity on demand which we rarely use because we've usually seen most everything on there.

You can follow the movies I watch on Letterboxd.
Sports viewing was definitely down as well because of Covid. Baseball had a really shortened season and to be honest, Michigan football was so bad this year they were hard to watch.


I still got my baseball viewing in because before the season started, they were playing games from 2005 and I watched every game they played. Basketball is down because of the delayed start to college and I don't watch the NBA games anymore. Same with football, don't watch any NFL either. The lone hockey game was last year around this time at Notre Dame when Michigan was in town.
I started off on a blistering pace that was going to blow my previous numbers out of the water, then Covid hit.


At the start of the year, I was the team lead of my department so I was getting over 10,000 steps a day for the first couple of months. I was almost at 90 days of 10,000 steps or more after only a quarter into the year. After I came back from Covid, my job changed because they brought less people back and I was the only one who could do a certain job so I did that and my steps went way down. I still set a record for most days with over 10,000 steps but as you can tell by the less steps and miles overall, I had a lot more days with very little steps. Again, the month off with Covid as well as the 2 weeks off with surgery didn't help that any.


I keep track of the mileage of all our cars but that might change this year because Drivewise with Allstate is changing from tracking the car to tracking on your phone and that will be a lot less accurate.


The Equinox is my car. You can see I knocked 10,000 miles off mine from last year. I changed my route to and from work. I used to take back roads where I could fly but now I drive through town with traffic. They take about the same amount of time but it makes it a 40 mile round trip compared to a 56 mile round trip. The Gallant was my old car that I let my daughter have that she killed by not putting oil in it so it's gone now. The Impala is the car she's driving now. She's a teenager so she's pounding the miles on it. It had quite a bit of miles on it when we bought it so I doubt at the rate she's going that it will last longer than she's making payments. The Outlander is my wife's car, as you can see, she doesn't go to too many places. I just gave her car her annual oil change.
Now for the drink portion.

You can see where the Coke and Mountain Dew are down. That's because I quit buying it for home so the only time I drink pop/soda is when we go out to eat. I didn't do that until the last couple of months of the year so that's why there are still a couple of hundred. Water should go up as well since that is all I drink at home now.

Last.fm is where I track my music. I listened to 37,946 tracks in 2020 and 1,397 different artist. I made it a point at the end of the year to listen to music I haven't heard before so I get more artists. I've added some of them to my playlists.

Here's my top 10 artists listened too.


There's a lot more music this year because of the job change, I can listen to it more often. My work playlist is pretty much all Rock and Country which is why you see the artists above.

You can follow my main playlist on Spotify or follow the music as I listen to it on LastFM.

That's all I got for you today, if that wasn't enough. I always enjoy these posts because I like the stats. There are a few other things I track but nothing anybody would be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment