Friday, March 27, 2020

Stay at Home, Day #3

I'm on the 3rd day of the stay at home order, nothing has really changed much. I have tweeted more, as you'll see below.

Day #1 (Wednesday)

I wasn't going to download it but a couple of people at work said it was hilarious so I downloaded it and played with it for awhile. It's definitely better than I thought it would be.

I got up to grab some chips, and I noticed my wife was watching me so I asked what there was eat and ended up making me some nuggets. She doesn't like it when I snack for my lunches on the weekends.

We decided to go out for supper, or at least out to pick it up. We had read on their Facebook page where their employees were doing deliveries (they don't normally) on their own gas and people weren't tipping them. So we drove 20 minutes out there to get food and tipped even though we just picked it up.

I worked on this most of the evening. I know their websites that do this for you but I just went ahead and did it myself. I got nothing but time these days.

We got through most of the DVR so we headed over to Netflix, my wife has been wanting to watch it. We ended up watching all 11 episodes and as you can tell by the time this was posted, we stayed up a little late to do so.

Day #2 (Thursday)

I've been going downstairs and working on my cards in the mornings, usually until mid afternoon. Gives my wife her time to herself plus I planned on getting a lot done with them since I'll be home for a couple of weeks. It also gives me a chance to listen to music.

Every couple of weeks or so I try to go through the New Releases. Didn't really find much this week.

I hate notifications on my phone. The only ones that I have are Snapchat (I don't get many and they help me to remember to send my streaks), texting and my work email. No Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram, nothing. I shut the Facebook off for the same reason that I uninstalled Tik Tok. They give me notifications of things I didn't ask for. Such and such posted a new photo. I don't care, I didn't sign up for notifications from that person, don't send them to me.

Day #3 (Friday)

I'm not sure what Walgreens deal was but starting last night, they've been texting my wife every hour to let her know she had meds to pick up. She knew this already but she was waiting on one more to get filled. They even called her about them and when she told them she was waiting on the last one, they got it done.

Hit the grocery store as well, I just went in for 1 item, Milk. By the time I got there, my wife had text me a few other items and then I saw Chef Boyardee 10 for $10 so I grabbed those and a few other things for lunches. I also slipped in some Classic Jelly Beans (Tis the Season) and the latest SI because Tim Anderson was on the front.

I was going to grab some breakfast at Taco Bell on the way home but apparently they discontinued it, hopefully just until this virus is through. I love their breakfast Crunchwraps and the Cinnabon Delights.

When I got home from running around, I headed for the basement to work on my cards and listen to some music. Some background on the above tweet, I was up at the University of Michigan for a game but it got delayed an hour for lightning so a friend and I were walking around the campus. There was a frat house (I assume) and a bunch of people were hanging around, having fun with music playing. That song came on and everyone cheered and then they all stopped what they were doing and rocked back and forth and sang along to the song. We were across the street and we could barely hear the radio anymore over their voices.

We don't have any plans this evening. Just going to catch up on the DVR. We're on yesterdays shows so we may get caught up tonight, we may not. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. We had started staying in before it was required, so we don't have a count of how many days it's been.