Sunday, February 9, 2020

Alone time

I'm lounging around the house today so I thought I'd come over and post, uh, something. I'm not really sure what.

Work has had some stressful times as of late, nothing I can't handle, just been stressful. Usually I calm down and get relaxed on my way home. It's around 30-45 minute drive home depending on traffic and I use that time to decompress, sit and listen to music and drive home. Once I get home, I shower and then veg out in front of the TV, sometimes nap until supper and then chill in front of the TV most of the night, until bed, which is usually between 10 and 11. I get up the next morning at 3:45 and start all over again.

Lately, instead of coming home and napping, I've been going downstairs and working on my cards. Awhile ago, after my grandfather passed, I got his desk and a few items.


Nothing too fancy but a work station all the same. The desk and chair were both my grandfathers. The bookshelf to the left has my card books on it and there is a dresser to the right that has all my other cards in it.


As I said, it came from my grandfather so I have this little section of some of his things. His name plate which I wanted because I always thought of his as a businessman. The Joe Montana stein because he was a Montana/Notre Dame fan, the St. Louis Cardinals Coke and Mark McGwire mug because he was a Cardinals fan.

I got it set up to work on my cards but never went down there because I was logging what I had on my blog and I could do that sitting in my recliner. Well, I got all those logged in so now I'm going through my books and organizing them and making sure what I have and what I have logged are the same. So now I go down and sit at my desk until supper then come up and spend the rest of the time chilling in front of the boob tube.

The positive, I'm enjoying messing around with my cards again, and I listen to music while doing it so I get more time to myself. Plus, I'm actually getting stuff done on my collections.

The negative, no more naps means less sleep. I should go to bed earlier but I hate going to bed that early, feels like a waste and it also means sooner that I have to go to work.


That's my sleep this past week. You can see where I did nap on Wednesday and Friday. Wednesday I got home later so I didn't go downstairs and Friday, I had to take Trevor to meet his mom so I took a nap intentionally knowing I wasn't working Saturday so it wouldn't screw my sleep up and I also knew I would get woke up at 4 to take him so it was a limited nap. I'm not sure why the time is off on that nap. Sometimes it registers me as napping when I'm sitting in the recliner because I'm so relaxed but I don't know why it didn't register the nap I did take. I didn't change it because the time was about the same.

I knew I didn't sleep a lot but I didn't realize how little until I had my Fitbit start tracking it. I do get quality sleep in that little bit of time because I fall asleep quickly and sleep pretty deeply most of the night.

I've enjoyed my time with my cards, and my alone time, and definitely listening to more music so I will continue doing it.


As I said, I get to listen to more music. Here's the top artists I've listened to in the last week. Just because.

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of how little sleep you're able to get by with, as well as your ability to take naps. Being able to take naps is a very underrated trait, unfortunately not everyone possesses said trait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've developed that trait in my old age. I've always been able to take naps but when I was younger, if I napped, I wouldn't be able to sleep that night. Now, as long as I don't take a really long nap, I go to bed around my usual time.

      Delete