Saturday, October 12, 2019

Saturday 9

Haven't posted here awhile so I'll do one of these question thingies. I read a couple of these every week but I only get around to posting one when I find the questions interesting. This one has to do with some music and some questions about sports so you'll see why I find it interesting. You can click the blog title pic to go to the original owner.



Live Like You Were Dying (2003)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This song is about a man whose father advises him to live life to the fullest, to become "the friend you'd like to have." How about you? Are you the friend you'd like to have?  I would like to think so, you know, if I had a friend.
2) The song lists several "bucket list" items: skydiving, mountain climbing, riding a bull. Have you done any of those things?  Would you like to?  I've done mountain climbing, hiked up the Grand Tetons in Wyoming. I would like to skydive, bull riding would be a definite no.
3) In the music video, Tim McGraw is wearing a white button-down shirt, blue jeans, and a cowboy hat. Which of those items is in your wardrobe?  Blue jeans, that would be it.
4) He wears a cowboy hat because he is embarrassed by the size of his forehead. When you wear a hat, are you more likely doing it for style, like Tim, or for protection from the elements?  I have no hair so I wear hats when it's cold. Baseball caps in the fall and a stocking hat in the winter.
5) McGraw's biological father was Tug McGraw, pitcher for the Mets and Phillies. How did your baseball team do this season?  The White Sox made steps to improve during their rebuilding process. Made it so I'm looking forward to next year when we get some pitching back.
6) Tim McGraw and wife Faith Hill live just outside of Nashville. They enjoy inviting friends over to sit around a bonfire, drinking beer and playing guitars. Tell us about the most recent get together you had with friends.  I guess that would be playing cards with the guys but technically, I only knew a couple of the guys there. I don't really have any close friends.
7) Tim likes his tattoos. He admits his silliest one -- a leprechaun wearing a cowboy hat -- was acquired during a night of drinking. Do you have a tattoo? If so, are you glad you have it and would you get it again?  I have a couple, both were chosen specifically to have the rest of my life. In other words, they weren't done just to have done, they have meaning.
8) In 2003, when this song was popular, the supersonic Concord took its last flight. When did you most recently board a plane?   What was your destination?   I couldn't tell you the year, I think I was in high school so we're talking late 80's, early 90's. I flew into Reno, NV. I was there to volunteer for the Special Olympics.
9) Random question: When did you last walk around the house naked?  Probably the last time I was home alone, which is very rare as my wife never leaves the house.

There you have it. Proof that I'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment