Saturday, June 2, 2012

I’m too pooped

I’m too tired to come up with a real post, this will have to do.

I didn’t even pick up my laptop yesterday, which is a rarity.  I usually spend at least a few hours on my laptop daily.  Most days, more than that.  But I just haven’t been in the mood.

We started the 12 hour days last week.  I only was scheduled to work 2 days.  I left early on Wednesday by and hour and a half (worked 10 1/2 hours) so I could go to Samantha’s first tourney game.  Then worked 12 on Thursday.  It wasn’t as horrible as I had thought.  The worst part was around 1:00 when I get back from my lunch break.  I used to be pumped because it was my home stretch, less than 2  hours left to go.  Now at 1:00, I think, “Damn, I’m only half way through my day.”  So 1:00 to 3:00 sucks.  But after I get past 3:00, I got a second win and made it through all right.  So much so that I volunteered to go in on Friday (my off day) and worked 9 hours.  The only reason I didn’t stay for 12 was Samantha had another game.

So Wednesday night, Samantha won their game 29-28.  She was the tying run in the bottom of the 6th (they only play 6 innings).  She drew a walk on a full count and later scored on a bases loaded walk.  The next girl that came up, is our best player.  But she had struggled all night, a couple of strikeouts.  But she ripped a line drive through the infield that rolled to the fence.  It was such an exciting game.  But we didn’t get back home until after 10:00.

Friday night, they had to forfeit because they were a player short.  They only have 8 girls on the team, and you have to have a minimum of 8 players to field a team.  One girl didn’t show up.  That one girl, was the one that hit the walk off in their last game.  They played the game anyways, even though it was freezing and raining.  And it was an automatic loss for the tournament.  This time I made it home by 9 though.

Today, Samantha had her little league pictures at 10:00, and a game at 11:30.  Trevor had his pictures at 12:15 and a game at 3:30.  Tomorrow, we are going to Cheri’s nephew’s graduation.  Tomorrow night, I get the kids back, and work 12 hours on Monday and Tuesday.

So as you can see, or read, I’m spent.  And probably will be until I get used to the 12 hour days or until little league is over in a few weeks.  I’ll post when I can.

2 comments:

  1. You know, we all get busy w/ life and sometimes can barely function let alone pick up the laptop and write. Just think, the busier you are, the more blog material you have. Hang in there, you'll get used to the time adjustment...take care of yourself in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it will be good once I get used to it. As it is, I'm looking forward to days off during the week to spend with the kids this summer.

      Delete