Thursday, January 18, 2018

No snow yesterday

Today was the first time in about a week that I took the back roads to work. We didn't get any snow finally so the roads were dry which means even though the temperatures were still low, there was nothing on the roads to freeze. Woohoo!


Another average day at work. Not having a barrel pump is really cramping my style but I get by. I checked the order of chemicals that came in and couldn't find my Sulfuric Acid which I would need by tomorrow. Come to find out, I didn't order it. I ordered the Sulfuric for waste treatment and for some reason, thought it was mine so I didn't order any. So now I can't decant the tanks all week so I can get by with what I have. The bad part is, now my aluminum levels on those 3 tanks are going to gradually go up which I've been trying to lower since I started.

From a friends Snapchat

That's me, sitting on my barrel of Nickel. I'm sitting on it because the manual pump is filling up my 5 gallon bucket, slowly. In my hands, not sure if you can really see it or not, I have the plug to the extension cord and the plug for the submersible pump. Once the 5 gallon bucket is full, I plug it in and pump it to the tank, unplug it, then wait for it to fill up again. I got tired of standing so I sat.

I headed home and actually took some time to work out on the Wii. I just played around a little then I kept redoing the walking section until I had to go pick up Trevor from the school.


Trevor stayed over for what's called J-Club, which is an introduction to some kind of academic team which I'm really excited for him. I'm not looking forward to going to the matches, but I'm extremely excited for him. I hope he really likes it because it will be good for him.


Nothing else really going on, been sitting and watching some TV.  We've been watching Undercover High and it's scary if you have kids in school. They sent in adults (low to mid 20's) undercover as high school students. You couldn't pay me to do this, I would hate everyone and wouldn't be able to make friends, which is what you need to do to get in for some information. The way the one girl is talked to is ridiculous. The sexual comments just when she walks the hall. It makes me scared for my daughter. One of the undercovers said this that I never thought about. He said that when he was in school, you were judged by your character, now it's judged on your social media presence. That's just scary to me.

There's about 10 minutes left on the show we're watching then I'm heading for bed. It's after 10 and I do best when I'm in bed before 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment