Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year, New Post

Another new year has come and once again, I'm promising to post more. Not that that has worked the last few years, but there you go. You got 2 posts today so that's a good start, right?

2017 had some ups and downs. I had the thought to go to Facebook and go through the last year to post the ups and downs but to be honest, I don't put my stuff out there, which tends to be the problem with me posting on here. So I guess I'll try to figure it out by memory but I'm old so it isn't all going to be there either.
  • My ex finally got arrested for something so she's been drug to court for her lack of child support. That was early last year and I still haven't seen hardly anything. The court hasn't done a damn thing for me and I'm the custodial parent. More proof that Father's have no rights when it comes to their children.
  • We found out our youngest daughter has been self harming herself and may have some psychological issues. She is currently going to therapy but a psychiatrist takes a few months to get into because they're just isn't very many of them.
  • Our youngest daughter is also 15 now which means she has been learning to drive and has her permit. Although with all the snow lately, she hasn't been able to get out to much but she won't turn 16 until July so she'll have plenty of time to catch up in the spring.
  • I started a new job in September which has been going very well. Technically, it's a new position as it's the same company but at a different plant. It's the highest paid job I've ever had (which isn't saying much) and hopefully sometime this month, I should have my own lab.
  • Our oldest daughter graduated from college and is now living in Indianapolis. She's still looking for a job in her field but is carving a nice life for herself down there.
  • Our oldest son and his girlfriend have moved into their own place. She has 2 children so it's the closest we are to having grandchildren at this point. My wife communicates with them all the time.
  • Our youngest son signed up for a academic team, we haven't seen yet what will become of it but I'm excited for him. He's only 13 and it would be great for him.
  • I had to have my gall bladder removed in October after a painful trip to the emergency room. My first surgery since getting my knee scoped way back in high school.
  • Cheri hasn't had a great year as far as her MS goes. She's had a few flair ups which has caused some numbing sensations and more pain.
  • We just celebrated our 2nd year in our new home and are still in love with it. Love being out of the apartment. Love having a garage and we love our neighborhood.
As you can see, there's been some ups and downs. While it may seem like the downs are more significant, I think all in all, we're doing well. We're happy and that's all we can ask for.

1 comment:

  1. Was good to see a 'catch up' post about you and the family. Sorry to hear about your youngest daughter. It is hard when they are into self-destructive things! I am very sorry for what you have been through with your ex-wife. I don't understand how mothers can be the way they are. As you know I have raised grandchildren so there's that!! Hope your wife can have a better year. MS sucks!! And for the most part you sound happy. That is good. Happy New Year Jeff!

    ReplyDelete