Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Job descriptions

They got ice cream in the break room now.

I was heading to work this morning, thinking, the roads should be good, they're pretty clear. Even though I knew they were saying we should have gotten freezing rain the night before. Everything was fine, then I was coming up to the stop light where I absolutely have to make my decision on taking main roads or back roads and the light turns red. I'm in the far right lane, there are 2 lanes and a left turn lane. I go to stop at the red light and my car starts sliding. Now the road I'm on is about as main as it gets, and I was sliding. I turned my left signal on and went all the way over to the turn lane. Better late than never, I guess.


I get to work and the first thing I do is check my pumps. I notice both are going. I only told the boss to turn the Caustic pump on since I wasn't there yesterday. He turned on the Nitric one as well which wouldn't have been a huge deal except the pump doesn't work right and by doesn't work right, I mean, you can't control how fast it pumps. It pumps faster than it should and since it ran all night, it completely drained the 55 gallon drum into the tank. Oops. So now that tank is a little high on chemicals. Oops.

Osceola is a small local town here

I start my other duties and then the girl from quality shows up. She was with me some on last Thursday. They got her making up a complete list of all my duties and by complete list, I mean that she has to write down, step by step, with photos, everything I do. Some kind of intense job description. They've had to do this is with everybody's job and since mine was just created in September of last year, it has never been done.

From another guys snaps.

It's highly annoying to explain every little thing I do, stop so she can take pictures, and keep explaining. Not to mention, there is a ton of stuff that I don't necessarily do every day that I don't think about until it needs to be done. I'm hoping she's done tomorrow, she said she only has one more thing that she has to get.

That's actually a guy at work, who has Snapchat.

Not much happened the rest of the day, pretty chill, was a little slow. I made great time on the way home because I take Cr. 40 home and after 2 years of being closed, Cr. 38 is now open and everybody takes that road now which opens my road up to way less traffic.


It was actually foggy coming into town which is odd for the afternoon. It looked really foggy but as you got into it, it wasn't all that bad.

Got home, took a shower and headed out to pick up Samantha from art club. Came home for another hour or so then took the kids to therapy. While they were there, I grabbed Cheri and I supper, went home, ate, and went back to pick them up. I've been spending way to much time driving lately.


That's all I got for today. Nothing special but I did have a high snap day so I wanted to get a post out. Nothing else going on this week other than work so it may be a boring week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment