Friday, January 12, 2018

60 to 20

My morning started off as usual, I grabbed the bag of trash off the garage step to put it in the trash bin on the way to the car but I had to break the ice off to open the lid. After our almost 60 degree day yesterday, it dropped in the 20's last night with some freezing rain.

I backed out and the neighborhood was a solid sheet of ice, which wasn't surprising. I pulled out on the first main road and it was pretty much wet but not frozen, so I was thinking I'd take the back roads. I got about a mile down the road and it was blocked out with emergency vehicles everywhere. I had to detour around it which wasn't real far out of the way but I had to go on less traveled roads which were frozen slushies. I decided the accident, or whatever it was, was a sign that I should take the main roads.

Most of the way was pretty clear, just wet but once I got into the city where I work, it started sleeting big time, roads were getting nasty. I was just a mile or so from work and still had 20 minutes so I decided I wanted some McDonalds for breakfast. I'd been hungry since last night. I pulled up behind a car and waited a couple of minutes before pulling up to the order microphone. "I'll be with you in a minute." Alright, no big deal. Until 5 minutes later and I was still sitting there. Screw that, I had to go to work so I just pulled away. I head down to work and as I'm pulling in the industrial park, once again, I'm met with emergency vehicles completely blocking the roads. This time, I had to turn around and go to another entrance to the industrial park. By the time I get to work, it's already time for me to head in. No getting to hang out and listen to music.

   

Not to much happened at work, pretty boring day. Someone brought in tamales so at least I didn't starve without McDonalds. Had a usual day, I had a boost a couple of tanks up because there is production tomorrow but our shift isn't working so I wanted to make sure there wasn't any issues.


The drive home was better. I took the back roads home, they weren't great but driveable. I normally do about 60 mph and I kept it around 45ish most of the way. The open areas were the worst because of the snow blowing into the road but it was fine. I stopped to fill up the gas tank about half way and headed home with the rest of the drive on main roads. 

Cheri was having lunch with her sister and niece and the kids school was cancelled because of the weather so I came home to my daughter sitting in the living room, jamming her music and talking with someone on the computer which is what she usually does when no adults are home.


I showered and plopped down to watch some of my shows before Cheri got home. I got through one (pic above), then fell asleep during the 2nd. I woke up when Cheri got home. Been chilling as usual since.

We have no plans this weekend, just hanging at the homestead. Cheri didn't go get groceries this morning like she usually does so some time we'll probably go and do that. Other than that, I'll probably be right here, in my recliner with my laptop on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment