Tuesday, January 31, 2017

A good day

I got to work this morning and climbed on my forklift to go to work. As I went to pick up the first skid, I realized, I had no brakes. I quickly pumped them to no avail. Luckily, I wasn't driving fast and just kind of bumped into the skid. I proceeded to check them and couldn't get anything. I figured out it was out of brake fluid so I added some, pumped them until I had brakes and went about my business. I parked my forklift for a little bit to do whatever and when I got on it and started to back up, I realized I had a huge puddle under the lift. I'm guessing there is an issue with one of the brake lines. The forklift guy came in but I didn't talk to him after he inspected it. I'm hoping it will be fixed in the morning.

Why did I tell you all that? Well, since I didn't have my forklift, I did a lot of walking. Normally, on a work day, I average between 6k to 8k steps depending on how much forklift driving I do. Today, however, I did a little more than that. I posted this on my Instagram when I got home after work.



We'll see how many more I get by the time I go to bed. Probably not a whole lot more, I'm being lazy tonight. Well, pretty much every night. I'd like to say I'll get 11k but you never know. I kid though, I'm pretty sure I've probably gotten that since I've walked to the bathroom a couple of times.

Day 30 - Whiting, IN (84.2 miles)
As you can see, I'm now in Whiting, IN. The only reason I know where that is, is because I Google map the trip. Normally, if I was going to Chicago I would take the toll road but since we're hoofing it, I figured I'd take a different route because otherwise, I wouldn't have anything to show but the side of the road. Which would be why I'm in a city I've never heard of. I should be crossing into Illinois in the next couple of days. Maybe even tomorrow since I had such a good step day.


This is where I'm at in Whiting. You can see a Little Ceasers up there to the left and a barber shop on the right. I'm not sure what's going on with the building next to it. It doesn't look to good.

No comments:

Post a Comment