Monday, January 2, 2017

2016 Stats

Another year has gone, another year that I gathered statistics. If you've followed this blog for awhile, you know I love stats and keep some of my own. Every year, I add a few, I subtract a few. Some I've kept since 2013, some have started since then. I don't think I did one of these post last year as we had just moved into our new house and had a lot going on.

I have kept where I've eaten since 2013 so you knew this stat was coming. We'll start with the few times and work up to the many times. In the () is the amount of times the year before.


  • 1 time - Applebee's (1), Chubby Trout (0), Coney Express (0), Culver's (1), Dominos (1), Hacienda (2), Heinnies (0), Jade Garden (0), Mancino's (2), Red Lobster (1), Sailor's Pizza (0), Steak 'n Shake (2), Swingbellies (0), Volcano's (1)
  • 2 times - Chik-Fil-A (3), Dairy Queen (4), Fazoli's (4), Long John Silvers (3), Martin's Deli (8), Nelsons (2), Smith's Food Mart (3), Subway (4)
  • 3 times - 5 Guys (0), Bravo Cafe (2), Pizza Hut (9)
  • 5 times - Little Ceasers (9)
  • 8 times - Wendy's (8)
I don't know how great my record keeping up there is because it seems like I've eaten at some of these places more than it says. You'll notice all the pizza places (Dominos, Sailors, Pizza Hut, Little Ceasers) have all gone down, mainly because we started ordering one of the following all the time because we fell in love with it. Let's get to the top 5, only 1 is new to the top 5 and that would be the pizza place mentioned above.

                

  • 10 times - Not much change in either of these from previous years. Arby's was 3rd last year but it's been ranked in the top 5 every year since I started keeping stats (2013). Burger King was in the top 5 every year but 2015 so it hasn't changed much either. Burger King was up more this year because I liked the A1 burger they had for a month. Most of those visits were during that month.

  • 16 times - This would be where we get our pizza from most of the time now, although the one we order from doesn't have a bar. As far as I know it's carry out and delivery only. As you can tell since in the last 4 years we had only had it 7 times and then this past year we had it 16 times. This is the first time it's been ranked in top 5. The bad thing is the majority of those 16 times were in the last few months since we discovered it costs us about the same as other pizza places but we get more. So I expect it'll move up next year.

  • 26 times - Taco Bell, once again (all 4 years), is in the number 2 spot but to be honest, in the last few months we hadn't really had it much at all. It was our go to place for a quick meal for years but for some reason this year, we have a grown a little tired of it. My wife says they've changed some of their ingredients, but I don't think that's why we haven't eaten there as often. The previous 3 years Taco Bell was in the 40-50 times range.

  • 35 times - Once again, McDonalds is #1. It has been every year since I started keeping stats (2013). The sad thing is, we don't really like McDonalds. We both like their breakfast and I love the McRib, which is only there a couple of months a year. It's the breakfast that keeps this at the top of the list because it's our go to, grab a quick breakfast on our way somewhere.
All in all, our eating out has gone way down in. In 2013, we ate out 255 times. It's gone down every year and this past year it was at 151 times. My wife claims because now that we have a house, and it has room in the kitchen, she doesn't mind cooking as much.


As you should know, I use Goodreads to keep track of my reading. I still only read on my breaks at work so that hasn't changed.


As you can see above, I read 45 books although, technically, it was more than that because I read a couple of bundles which included multiple books but I added it on Goodreads as the bundle and it only counts it as 1. I'll remember that next year.


As you can see above, the average length of my books was 257 pages. Some were quick, short e-books, but the majority of them were full books. I joined a book challenge last year where you select how many books your going to read. I selected 40 so you know I reached it.


I selected 50 books for this years challenge, it is supposed to be a challenge right.

Here is my chart from the last few 5 years. 2012 is when I joined so it didn't count from the start of the year. 2013 is huge because I was able to read on the job so I was going through a book or 2 a week. Like I said before, I still only read on my breaks at work so around 55 minutes a work day.

  • I watched 10 DVD's this year. They probably all came from Redbox but we don't generally rent movies much anymore. For awhile, I streamed them from a site which you rented them from but they changed the way the site worked so I don't even do that anymore.
  • I streamed 25 movies this year. Most were from the previous mentioned site, I couldn't tell you if any were from Netflix because by the time they get there, I've already seen them and they never have anything worth watching.
  • I watched 9 movies on TV. For the most part, those were probably days I sat around with nothing on and left it on a movie. It could include On Demand as well but I rarely look for anything there.
  • I went to the theaters and watched 5 movies. I can probably name them all if I think about it. Captain America-Civil War, Suicide Squad, Star Trek-Beyond, Deadpool and Batman vs. Superman.

Sports (watched on TV or live)
  • Baseball - 55 games (49). I'm sure almost all of these are Chicago White Sox games. Maybe a game or 2 of the Michigan team. I watch when they play them on the Big Ten Network but they rarely do.
  • Basketball - 36 games (46). Most of these are the Michigan games but I watched quite a few Bulls games last year as well. Not many this season though so that number will probably drop.
  • Football - 30 games (27). Most of these are Michigan games, probably a few Colts games and even some of the local high school games.
  • Hockey - 1 game (2). That one game was a Michigan game on TV.
  • Softball - 2 games (0). Those were both Michigan games as well. Like the baseball team, they don't play them on the Big Ten network very often.
Sports participated in

  • Softball - 6 games (4). That's pretty much a whole season in the church league. Last year was only 4 because a couple got rained out.
That's all I have for this year. Obviously, I can go back and quote stats for all my blogs (and I have quite a few of them) but nobody cares about those. Not that anybody cares about these but they're there regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment