Monday, September 8, 2014

Journal, September 7th

I never even picked up my laptop yesterday which is why you didn’t get a journal post or anything.  I woke up at 9, watched Kickass on TV all morning (we had never seen it) and then went to my brothers for an all day Michigan/Notre Dame festivity.  Basically we just grilled out and hung out together all day.  It was a good day, until the actual game in the evening.  I won’t even go there now, let’s just say Michigan forgot to show up for it.

I had GPS’d (not a word, but that’s how I would have said it) the kids to see where they were (with theEX) and they were at the movies (again, 3rd time in the last 2 weekends) but the theaters are only 10-15 minutes from my brother’s house so I told his daughter to text Samantha.  She ended up calling her after texting for a few and begged theEx to bring her by.  So she did, so Samantha stayed with us last night.

We woke up this morning and needed to do some grocery shopping so we headed over to Wally Hell and hit the McDonalds for breakfast, theEx showed up to get Samantha back, we grocery shopped and now I’m back home for most of the day until I meet theEx again to get the kids back tonight.  We rented some DVD’s from Redbox while we were out so we’ll probably do that for awhile.

9:00 pm

We ended up watching all 3 DVD’s so I took them back on the way to get the kids.  I had to stop and get gas anyways so I turned them in and grabbed Divergent for Samantha who has been begging for it.

What I clicked on to read today.  I read all kinds of things in my Feedly, but these I found in other places or a link in Feedly.

 

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession Tumblr, My Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody, My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight.

  • the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon (DVR)
  • Utopia (DVR)
  • Hell on Wheels (DVR)

zzz-lawsmoviereviews

  • Kickass (TV) – We actually liked this movie, it was better than I thought it would be.
  • Mom’s Night Out (Redbox DVD) – It was better than expected.  I figured it would have some funny parts but it was funnier than expected.
  • Draft Day (Redbox DVD) – Great movie if you’re a football fan.  It was pretty insightful, I assume it was fairly accurate as the NFL allowed their logos and such in it.
  • Oculus (Redbox DVD) – This wasn’t to bad.  I never expect much from horror movies so it doesn’t take much for me to say it’s decent.  It was a little tough to follow with all the flashbacks but as long as I paid attention it wasn’t too bad.

1 comment: