Monday, September 1, 2014

Journal, August 31st-September 1st

Yesterday

Did nothing.  Worked on my cards most of the day.  I got all my new stuff logged into the computer, I’ll probably put them away tomorrow.  I also logged in all my White Sox cards from 1973-1982 so I’m slowly making headway there.  My cousin keeps sending me cards and I don’t always know what I have and what I don’t until I can get everything logged into Google Drive spreadsheets.

Apparently the kids spent the whole day at the JackAss’ new current home, rehab.  Why theEx spends the few days she has the kids all day sitting at a rehab home is beyond me.  I’ve raised my kids to polite and now I keep telling them they need to tell their mom that they don’t want to be there but they won’t.  I guess that’s my fault.

Today

12:20 pm

It’s the first of the month, so I had to go back and figure out all my stats that I keep for last month.  I had to charge my old phone for a little bit before I could finish some of them since I switched phones a week or so ago.

Cheri is gone today, she went to visit our oldest daughter at college so I have the house all to myself until tonight when I get the kids back from theEx.  My day by myself so far has consisted of listening to Spotify while I have the White Sox game from Saturday afternoon on, while doing online stuff.  My plans for later, watch the White Sox game from yesterday, while listening to music and doing my online stuff.  Some exciting stuff here, I know.  The only decision I have to figure out is, doing I want to do some stuff with my blogs or work on my cards.  Decisions, decisions.

3:45 pm

Just finished up filling up the Tumblr accounts for the week.  I really don’t have much for a few of them.  I had to set a couple to 1 post a day just to last all week.  Maybe I should spend the rest of the day going through my Feedly as that is where I get most of that content.

It has been pouring rain for about half an hour now.  Hope it stops before Cheri goes to make her way home.  Her car sucks ass in the rain, it slides easily.  We put new tires on it and it still slides, it just must be too light of a car or something.  Hers looks heavier than mine but mine does pretty good in the slippery conditions.  Who knows?  We’ll see if she even leaves early enough to get home before it’s dark since technically, she shouldn’t be driving in the dark.  I predict it’ll be way after dark, she won’t want to leave Skyler any earlier than she should.

6:30 pm

I’ve been pretty much going through Feedly since what I wrote up above.  I’ve gotten through a bunch but have only found a couple for my blogs.  This isn’t going too well.  I still have 14,500 to go though, but I have to get my shoes on and go get the kids.  I’m going to grab some supper while I’m out as well since I haven’t eaten anything all day.  Which is typical with me, if Cheri doesn’t make something for me to eat, I’ll just sit here until I get my lazy ass up to go get something.  In this case, I knew I had to leave the apartment this evening so I just waited it out.

8:00 pm

So I go and pick the kids up from theEx, and guess who is in the car?  The JackAss.  So theEx made the kids sit at the rehab center yesterday for 9 hours and then today he was allowed to leave.  She took Samantha to a movie on Saturday night, and then they all went to a movie today.  I wish I had their kind of cash lying around.  It would be nice if they would actually use some of that money to take care of the kids, instead of the measly support they give me.  How they have any money is beyond me, they have to be drowning in hospital bills.  Actually, I know how they still have money, they don’t pay any of their bills.  That’s why they’ve lived in 8 or 9 places in the last 4 years.  They stay until they can’t afford it, then move on.  I don’t know why people keep renting them places.

11:50 pm

I was right, Cheri got home after 9.  It’s tough always being right.  I’m heading for bed soon, although I’m not tired which isn’t a good thing.

What I clicked on to read today.  I read all kinds of things in my Feedly, but these I found in other places or a link in Feedly.

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession Tumblr, My Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody, My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight.

Yesterday

  • Castle (Netflix DVD – 5 episodes)
  • Unforgettable (DVR)
  • Hell on Wheels (DVR)
  • Falling Skies (2 episodes - live)
  • the Strain (DVR)

Today

  • Partners (2 episodes – live)
  • Under the Dome (live)
  • Unforgettable (DVR)

No comments:

Post a Comment