Friday, August 8, 2014

Journal, August 8th

4:00 pm

Ok day at work, started off slow because one of the lines was down for half the day, it was better once it came back up.  When I only have 1 line to contend with, I have to find things to do just to stay busy

Cheri went over to her sisters today who lives about an hour away so I’m just going to hang online and listen to some music until she gets home.  It’s relaxing except for a certain cat who likes to hog my lap.

2014-08-08 15.58.42

6:30 pm

Been listening to the neighbors bass line on their damn stereo again for the last half an hour and it’s still going.  It was real good for awhile now, but the last 3 weekends we’ve had to listen to it.  Or I should say, I have.  Cheri was napping the first time and she’s not here yet tonight.  She’s the one that pounds on the wall but they have been just pounding back.  I guess I’ll be heading to the office tomorrow morning.  They always turn it on during off hours for the office.  That tells me they know it’s too loud if they wait for the office people to leave.  It only bothers me because it’s rude, I can ignore it somewhat, but Cheri suffers from migraines and bass certainly doesn’t help that and think about it, listen to a song with bass, but only listen to the bass.  It’s literally, the same beat, over and over and over.  The bass is all we can hear so the stereo isn’t even that loud, it’s just their bass is turned up too high.  We’ve told them that before, volume is fine, turn down the bass.  Considering they park in the handicap spots in front of our building, they obviously don’t care about anyone else.

11:00 pm

I didn’t do much blog wise.  I went through a little bit of Feedly and I got some of my cards out to work on them but I got bored with that pretty quick.  I just wasn’t in the mood to do much.  Typical Friday night I guess.  No plans of yet for tomorrow, but Cheri didn’t mention a movie since I’ve been making fun of her all night saying she didn’t want to see “Guardians of the Galaxy” with me.  We’re heading to bed now so we’ll see what we do tomorrow.

What I clicked on to read today.  I read all kinds of things in my Feedly, but these I found in other places or a link in Feedly.

  1. New vaccines required for Indiana students. (via email) – Just checking if my kids are going to need more.
  2. Brian Kelly arrived at Notre Dame practice on a horse. (via Facebook) – He should have been on a donkey.
  3. Police blotter. (via Facebook) – The local police blotter
  4. 5 reasons to have sex with your husband every night. (via Facebook) – Always looking for reasons.
  5. Website that you can search what songs are in commercials. (via FuckingHomePage.com) – I hear songs all the time in commercials and wonder what they are.
  6. Michigan hated by impressive amount of states. (via Feedly) – Some states hate us and I have no idea why.  Illinois, Indiana and Ohio I can understand, but Nevada, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, and Delaware?
  7. Bad Robot’s C3PED Crusader. (via Feedly) – A Star Wars/Batman mashup pic released by Bad Robot.
  8. Man annoyed by parenting at Burger King takes action. (via Facebook) – Hilarious!

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession TumblrMy Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody,My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight.

  • Married (DVR) – Wasn’t really a very good episode.  Kind of stupid.
  • the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon (DVR) – Main guest was Will Arnett.  He’s on for the TMNT’s movies but we like him on the Millers.
  • Partners (DVR) – It was ok, still not completely sold on this show.
  • Dominion (DVR) – This one is growing on me, I think it was already the season finale and I hope they pick it up for another season.

No comments:

Post a Comment