Thursday, August 7, 2014

Journal, August 7th

Pretty easy day at work, only one change over to set up for and I had all day to set it up.  Although my boss pissed me off, again.  Why is it that people in charge have no idea how to do your job but think they can do it better.  I did finish reading a book today at work.  I’m trying to get into reading again.  At my old job, I read during my 4 half an hour breaks plus I read up on the line during slow periods.  My new job, I get a 10 minute break and a 20 minute lunch so as you can tell, not much time to read.  It took me over a week to finish this book and I think it was only 270 or so pages but what can you do, at least I’m reading again.

18210061

It wasn’t bad, it was a little different take on aliens invading us like a virus.  It was good to actually read again though.  I look forward to continuing, even if it takes 2 weeks a book.

Hung out at home for awhile before heading out for some supper.  Cheri was going to make beef stew but when she pulled the meat out of the freezer, it didn’t look so good.  We couldn’t decide where to go so we put 5 places that we weren’t against for the evening and put them on random.org and randomed it.  It told us Rallys so we ended up going to there, they were very, very slow and they forgot Cheri’s fries but my burger was yummy, messy, but yummy.  I ended up with cheese all over my shirt and I wasn’t even driving.

Came home and chilled in front of the boob tube the rest of the evening.  Only 1 more day of work since they didn’t schedule the weekend and the 2nd shift guy cancelled his vacation day for tomorrow so I don’t have to work 12 hours.  2 o’clock and I’m outta there.

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession TumblrMy Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody, My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

Good luck guessing the song without clicking on that album.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight.

  • Taxi Brooklyn (DVR) – A pretty good episode, they seemed to getting a little more humor in them the longer they get into the season.
  • Hot in Cleveland (DVR) – This show is either really funny or ok, no in between.  This episode was pretty funny though.
  • the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon (DVR) – Megan Fox, yes please.  I don’t remember what she talked about.  Oh yeah, her movie, TMNT.
  • Duck Dynasty (DVR) – It was decent, Willie in the karate class was pretty funny.
  • Big Smo (DVR) – Big Smo tries his hand at making a meat sauce for mass production called “Meat Mud.”
  • Defiance (DVR) – They have to stop a suitcase nuke set to go off in NY.
  • Impractical Jokers (DVR) – Freaking hilarious, as always.
  • Extreme Guide to Parenting (DVR) – A new show we are checking out.  It’s about parents who are extreme in certain ways.  It’s really shocking that these parents believe these methods are the best for the kids.  What I want to see is how these kids are as teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment