Saturday, August 30, 2014

Journal, August 30th

9:30 am

Is it noon yet?

11:00 am

Finally got a couple of RSVP’s for Trevor’s party, nothing like waiting until the last minute considering the party is at 4.  The 2 boys that are staying the night are both coming and in even better news, both their parents are picking them up early tomorrow.

10:00 pm

Michigan did what they were supposed to do and stomped Appalachian State.  They looked good doing it too, I just hope it carries over to next week when the opponent is a little tougher.

Trevor’s party was a hit.  5 of his friends showed up, which considering we got 3 RSVP’s, that would be 2 people that just showed up.  I think that’s just rude but whatever, I’m glad they showed up.  I was afraid nobody was going to show up at the rate we were getting RSVP’s.  We ended up getting the first one yesterday, and the other 2 this morning.  I’m glad this wasn’t something we really had to plan to the T.  The party was a hit though, I think everyone enjoyed themselves and Trevor invited 2 of the friends to spend the night.  They have been pretty much hiding in his bedroom all evening on their devices.  They went outside for 5 minutes but it started to rain and they had to come back in.  They’ve been good though, hardly a peep out of them.

What I clicked on to read today.  I read all kinds of things in my Feedly, but these I found in other places or a link in Feedly.

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession Tumblr, My Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody,My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight.

  • Hot in Cleveland (DVR)
  • Duck Commander (DVR)
  • Married (DVR)
  • Rush (DVR)

1 comment:

  1. Those are the best sort of parties - low maintenance!
    RSVPs to kid's parties wass a pet-peeve of mine! Pick up the phone and call, its not difficult! And I don't want a verbal answer passed on from your kid to mine - because I tend to NOT believe it! So glad my kid is older now and it's not such a problem.

    ReplyDelete