Friday, August 29, 2014

Journal, August 29th

2:30 pm

It was a very slow day.  Both lines were running the same parts so that’s a little less that I normally have to do plus one of the departments that I take care of had the day off so I didn’t have them bugging me.  We ended up getting out of there just after 1 instead of 2.  We finished up everything we needed for the month, they called 2nd shift and told them not to come in tonight.

7:00 pm

As mentioned yesterday, I took the kids to the Hall of Heroes Super Heroes museum.  It was pretty cool, I could probably spend a lot more time in there but was on limited time.  They had an actual Captain America shield from the first movie, autographed by the cast of the second movie.  That and an original Batman outfit that Adam West wore during the original series.  He said he was offered triple digits for that.  He also said they have every comic from 1956 (I think) to current (probably dc or marvel or both, I don’t remember).  The Facebook page says they have over 55,000+ comic books.

Jeff Laws's photo.

11:30 pm

So, apparently the JackAss isn’t dying.  Didn’t I call it?  Only the good people get punished, not the douchebags.  That’s all I’m going to say about that, way to start my weekend with a depressing point.

11:59 pm

Psst.  12 hours until Michigan opens their college football season.  I’m jacked, nervous, but jacked.  Oh yeah, Trevor’s party is tomorrow too.

What I clicked on to read today.  I read all kinds of things in my Feedly, but these I found in other places or a link in Feedly.

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession Tumblr, My Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody,My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight

  • Defiance (DVR – 2 episodes)
  • @Midnight (DVR – 2 episodes)

No comments:

Post a Comment