Monday, August 25, 2014

Journal, August 25th

So much for both lines running today.  I got to work and neither of them we’re working.  I struggled to find stuff to do for the first 3 hours.  They finally got the north line running at 9 but I started to help out in the press room and stayed pretty busy the rest of the day.  They finally got the south line running around noon.  I just hope it doesn’t make us have to work Saturday since it’s the first Michigan game plus my son’s birthday party.

I’m just glad I didn’t have to work 12 hours because when I left at 2, it was really starting to heat up in there.

Notice the RealFeel temp at the bottom left.

I went and picked up the kids after school and on our way home, we got drenched just running from the car to the apartment.  It dumped rain and I swear I saw small hail bouncing off my windshield.  The ground was steaming because it was so hot before it rained.  It dumped for about 20 minutes then cleared up and got hot again.

We had planned on going to watch my nephew play football tonight.  The game was about 30 minutes away at 6 but they changed it to 7:30 because of the heat, hoping it would cool off some for the players.  Since they pushed it back and it’s a bit of a drive, I decided not to go.  It’s the beginning of the season, he’ll have plenty more to go to.

I hit a couple of milestones last week and hadn’t realized it.

  • 8/19/14 – On Tuesday, I posted my 600th post to this blog, Random Thoughts From A Random Guy.  It took 3 1/2 years, but I hit it.  It helps that I’m posting pretty much every day now.
  • 8/21/14 – On Thursday, I posted my 800th post to My Sports Obsession.  Again, almost 3 1/2 years to get there.  I started this blog a little over a month after the Random Thoughts blog.
  • 8/22/14 – On Friday, my car rolled over it’s 150,000 miles mark.  I’ve had it for almost 11 years.  It’s a 2003 and I bought it that year but it had something like 17,000 on it when I bought it.

What I clicked on to read today.  I read all kinds of things in my Feedly, but these I found in other places or a link in Feedly.

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession TumblrMy Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody, My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight.

  • Castle (Netflix DVD)
  • the Last Ship (DVR)
  • Unforgettable (DVR)
  • the Strain (DVR)
  • Under the Dome (DVR)
  • Anger Management (DVR)

No comments:

Post a Comment