Monday, August 18, 2014

Journal, August 18th

3:30

Nothing going on tonight, probably catch up on the DVR.  I know, you’re shocked.

Cheri and I are both really getting tired of the poor network that AT&T provides.  I keep getting texts that don’t send so I have to resend them.  We both get phone calls that go straight to voicemail without our phones even ringing.  I’m starting to wonder if paying the extra $100 a month might be worth it to go back to Verizon.  I hate paying their price but they do have the best service.

While reading the local police blotter, I came across this.

Photo: How drunk do you have to be to drive without tires?  This drunk.
If you’ve ever asked how drunk you have to be to drive without tires, apparently .07 is drunk enough for the guy above.  I would have blocked out his name but let’s face it, it was already in the paper so I’m not really hurting anyone any more than he already has.

10:00

I got a phone call from my brother around 6 this evening, asking me to let his dogs out.  He ended up staying at work a little later and then when he got off, something came up and he wasn’t going home right away.  I don’t mind doing it, he doesn’t live real far away, neither does my mom who asks us to do the same all the time.  Like I said, I don’t mind doing it, but it reminds me why I like cats.  You can go away for a weekend and not have to worry about her.

I also got into a couple of conversations on Twitter, and then blogged about it, you can check that out here –> Phone Wars.

What I clicked on to read today.  I read all kinds of things in my Feedly, but these I found in other places or a link in Feedly.

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession TumblrMy Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody,My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight.

  • Falling Skies (DVR) – It got a little interesting with the couple of kids that have the glowing rods on their backs, pretty much making them superheroes.
  • the Lottery (DVR) – The woman finally figured out, they aren’t going to have much control in the birthing process.
  • Who’s Line Is It Anyways? (live) – Always funny.
  • Partners (live – 2 episodes) – This is an ok show, it has its funny moments.
  • Under the Dome (live) – Always a good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment