Sunday, August 17, 2014

Journal, August 17th

Noon

I stayed in bed till 11 this morning because I didn’t sleep worth a crap last night.  I kept waking up, I don’t know if I kept rolling onto my back or what.  When I roll onto my back, Cheri says I stop breathing then I wake up gasping for air.  I know at one point when I woke up, my thought was that I was going to be tired at work, then I thought it out and remembered the kids weren’t here, so it was still the weekend.

8:00

About 6:00 I got a text from Samantha telling me to pick them up at the local theater, which is completely the opposite direction of where we meet and further.  So I responded to her and told her I will text her mom, because I get tired of them trying to do everything through her.  So I sent back, No, you have to go down 19 to go home.  Try again.  She responded that her and the JackAss were going to a movie at 7:30.  I responded with then we can meet a little earlier on their way.  She responded with just meet me at the McDonalds then.  The McDonalds that she is referring to, is probably less that 5 minutes from our apartment, and is on their way to the theaters, but she wanted me to drive 20 minutes to the theaters to pick them up.  Yeah, I don’t think so.

When I met them to pick the kids up, the JackAss yelled out the window that Trevor needed a shower, that he hadn’t showered since Thursday night, like he was proud of the fact.  I just said back, that doesn’t surprise me and they always shower on Sunday nights.  He said that thinking he’d get a rise out of me, I’m not sure why he even tries to bother, I never let what he says bother me.  He’s just an idiot, and apparently a great parent to be proud of the fact that he let a child go 3 days without a shower.  Douchebag.

We planned on watching another Castle:  season 5 disc but they sent us disc 4 instead of disc 3.  I probably wouldn’t have even noticed except they did a previously on because the first episode was the 2nd part to the last episode on the disc we didn’t get.  I called Netflix and asked them to send disc 3 while I keep disc 4 and they said they would, so they were cool about it.

11:00

Not really tired yet, and that’s not good news.  I did get all my cards logged in and put away today.  I forgot about doing my Tumblrs and ended up working on My Life so maybe I’ll get to the Tumblrs tomorrow.  Not sure how much longer I’ll be up but I’m not really that tired.  I’d rather be tired on Mondays then work 7 days a week so I guess I shouldn’t complain.  Although the 7 day paychecks were nice when I was getting them.

What I clicked on to read today.  I read all kinds of things in my Feedly, but these I found in other places or a link in Feedly.

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession TumblrMy Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody, My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight.

  • Satisfaction (DVR) – Another character is going to start screwing with the main characters relationship.
  • Hell on Wheels (DVR) – Mr. Bohanon is back with the railroad.
  • the Last Ship (DVR) – They are giving the virus to shipmates to see if the vaccine works.
  • the Strain (DVR) – More people are finding out about the creatures/virus while the government is trying to cover it all up.

zzz-lawsmoviereviews

  • Dear Zachary (Netflix streaming) – This was recommended on the Tonight Show by Jimmy Fallon.  OMG!  He did not say enough about it.  It was a really good documentary but he should have said keep the tissues handy.  It will make you angry at the system, and sad for the family.  Cheri and I both gave it 5 stars.
  • Frozen Ground (Netflix streaming) – This wasn’t too bad, it was kind of a thriller but more in the sense that you think they guy is going to get away with it.  Cheri gave it 4 stars, I gave it 3 on the account of it being so quiet and dark.
  • the Iceman (Netflix streaming) – Not too bad either.  I always liked gangster type movies.  The Iceman was a hitman for the mob and this is based on his mob life.  Cheri got a phone call and talked through half of it so she can’t give a star count.  I, however, will give it 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment