Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Journal, August 13th

10:00 pm

Not a whole lot happened today but I did want to say that I can’t believe my youngest child is now in double digits.  Trevor turned 10 today and he starts the 4th grade tomorrow.  We didn’t do much today for him, Cheri made him some cupcakes for after supper so we could at least say we celebrated it.  He’ll get his big party on Labor Day weekend, we’ve reserved a laser tag place, he’s pretty excited about it.  We set it for a few weeks so he could get back in school and invite a couple of his friends.  Or should I say, get their phone numbers so we can invite them because the school has a policy of “if you invite one person, you have to invite the whole class”.  Yeah well, screw that.  He said he has a couple of friends already in mind so once he gets their numbers, we’ll call them.  I just hope they come.

Other than that, I haven’t done much today (I know, as compared to every other day) but I’m getting sleepy and am going to bed in a few.

What I clicked on to read today.  I read all kinds of things in my Feedly, but these I found in other places or a link in Feedly.

Check out them all – Random Thoughts from a Random Guy, My Sports Obsession, My Sports Obsession TumblrMy Sports Obsession – Wolverines, My Sports Obsession – Index, A Day in the Life of a Nobody,My Life (private), and Cats Are Cuter.  I also post on Too Many Manninghams.

  • I did the usual post to the 4 tumblr accounts that were already queued up.
  • Most days I post the last song that I listened to off my Spotify playlist – Anything & Everything, to my Tumblr blog A Day in the Life of a Nobody, called Last Song of the Day.  Here’s the album cover, click it to find out what song it was and to play it so you can listen too.

Here’s a listing of all the new (to us) episodes that we watched tonight.

  • Under the Dome (DVR) – So many things going on in this show, it’s pretty good.
  • Anger Management (DVR – 2 episodes) – This show is still funny but I have to say, I’m liking Brian Austin Green’s character more than Charlie Sheens.
  • Married at First Sight (DVR) – It was an ok episode.  It annoys me that one chick won’t let the guy in and the other guy is kind of a dick.
  • Wil Wheaton Project (DVR) – Season finale, that makes me sad.
  • Sullivan & Son (DVR) – I don’t care who you are, this show is just funny.
  • the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon (DVR – 2 episodes) – The first episode featured Katie Holmes but Chris Hardwick was better, I love that guy.  We actually knew the music guest too (One Republic).  The second episode features Mickey Rourke whom I can’t really stand looking at.  Rob Riggle was also on, I never recognized him by name but I did when he came out.  We actually knew this music artist as well (Kings of Leon)

1 comment:

  1. We haven't yet started back to school. I am looking forward to the return of the routine

    ReplyDelete