Monday, May 12, 2014

Journal, May 12th

Work (6am to 2pm)

Nothing special.  Slow morning but it got busier and the day went by pretty quick.  I enjoy when it gets busy and I get pulled different ways because I’m good at time management and prioritizing what needs to be done, plus it makes the day go fast.  When I get through the busy period, I feel proud to have accomplished the job at hand.

Chiropractor appointment (2:45)

I’ve had 2 appointments that I missed because I kept getting stuck working 12 hours on Fridays when I scheduled them so I had this one scheduled on a Monday.  It felt good afterwards.  I haven’t had too many issues with my back but my neck has been giving me problems.  I was trying to get it fixed when I was with my previous job but I felt like every time he would adjust me, I would go back to work and it would get screwed up again so I quit going.  Now that I’m at a different job, I’m hoping he can keep it feeling better.  My body is already in way better shape working 8’s at my new job then the 12’s at my old one.  My feet don’t hurt, my legs don’t hurt, and I’m probably in a little better shape than I was.

This was a long time ago.

After the chiro, I killed an hour at home, went to pick up the kids and met Cheri at my mom’s,  grabbed Chris and we went to meet my brother and another guy from work to play some golf.  I hadn’t played yet this year and I’ve probably only played 10 times in the last 15 years.  I was wildly inconsistent.  I had a birdie and 2 pars and still shot a 46 in 9 holes.  It was good enough to tie for the win with the other guy but he played like crap because he usually beats us pretty good.  I took my brother by a stroke to keep my 37 year streak alive of never losing to him.  We tied once, but he’s never won.  It’s only a matter of time though, he’s been awfully close a number of times.

Got home around 6:30, showered and went to my usual.  The laptop and TV.  Although I think my laptop might be on it’s last leg, It’s froze up a couple of times the last couple of nights.  Thankfully, when typing out my blogs I use Windows Live Writer and when it gets shut down like that, it asks me if I want to recover what I had when it starts back up.  Otherwise, I’d be really pissed.  Cheri and I have the same laptop, we bought them together back in the fall of 2010.  That’s like 25 years in computer years.

Stats today

  • Supper at home (Sloppy Joe and Mac and Cheese. 
  • TV – Unforgettable, Hawaii 5-0, Bones, 24 and Friends With Better Lives (DVR)

No comments:

Post a Comment