Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday, May 9th

Since I don’t hardly ever really blog anymore (other than last month), I may try to do a journal type post most every night.  It’s something at least and usually once I start typing, more comes out.  It’s usually just getting me to start.

Work 6am – 6pm

Worked 12 hours today because the 2nd shift operator has vacation all weekend.  I was supposed to work 12 tomorrow as well but the 3rd shift guy wanted the hours.  So he’s coming in at 2 and working the 2nd shift hours.  He has 40 kids to feed so who am I to argue.  I exaggerate, obviously, but he does have a bunch of kids and he works 12’s most days so he obviously wants the hours more than I do.

It was a pretty slow day today, only one changeover and the other departments left me alone for the most part.  It felt like a really long day because of it but also because I’m not used to the 12 hours anymore.

Grabbed some Taco Bell on the way home for Cheri and I.  Pulled up to the drive-thru and was happy there was only 2 cars in front of me.  I was afraid it would be packed just after 6 but that changed quickly as I sat in line for almost 20 minutes (not exaggerating) so I was a little annoyed by the time I got our food but at least the order was correct.  The car in front of me would shut her car off every time we stopped.  Either her car has some temperature issues or she’s just weird.  Could be both, people are stupid.

Home 6:40pm for the rest of the evening.

It was nice to sit home all evening.  I’ve been out at the ballpark a couple of nights this week.  Trevor has a game tomorrow morning that I will have to miss since I’m scheduled to work.  My oldest son is coming up from Virginia to see his mom for mother’s day.  He’s probably half way here as I type this, he left after work, I expect he’ll be here between 3am-5am.  Samantha and Trevor are at their mom’s for the weekend so he’s going to sleep in Samantha’s room.  I doubt he’d fit on Trevor’s bunk bed, I’m 6’3” and he’s taller than I am.  He’ll be here through Monday morning, I believe.

Had the thought of scanning (most already are) all my player collection sports cards and starting a separate Pinterest account just to showcase those.  I could always use my current one but I’m not sure if I want to slam all those cards on my regular followers.  Not that I have a lot but I’m trying to be nice.  Technically, if the followers followed me instead of certain boards, that’s their own fault, especially since most of my boards can be vastly different than others.

I should probably go to bed, it’s after 11 and I have to be up at 5 to go to work.  I was watching the end of the Chicago White Sox game and it’s over.  We’ll see if Cheri is done breaking her back (cleaning) and is ready.

Stats today

  • Worked 12 hours
  • Supper was Taco Bell at home
  • TV (only new to me shows listed) – Warehouse 13 (On Demand), Bates Motel and Bates Motel After Dark (DVR) and the White Sox game.

2 comments:

  1. I will be following along on your Random days. What kind of work do you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks. I mainly drive a forklift, nothing special.

      Delete