* the “genres” listed are my own timeline of music which you’ll find here. If you want to know a quick story of the genre, (Why the hell is he listening to that?) then click the genre link to go back to the timeline page. (My genres are classic, 80’s, Christian, hip hop/rap/90’s, rock/alternative, Virginia song, before spotify and spotify.
**Any pictures of album covers denotes that I owned it at one time in my life
Garth Brooks – I like Garth, I like his music, I even briefly met him, but the one thing I don’t like is that they haven’t put his music on Spotify. The above songs are all from a cover band and they aren’t nearly as good as the original. I loved his double live album and I usually don’t like live albums.
Geoff Moore & the Distance – Obviously, my favorite album was Foundations. This was another Christian group that I liked. They went by Geoff Moore for awhile before adding & the Distance. I’ve see them in concert a few times. I probably like more songs on the Friend Like U and Pure and Simple albums if I took the time to go through them.
George Michael – Funny story about “Careless Whisper”, anytime I hear it, I crave Burger Kings sausage croissanwich. On Sunday mornings before church, we always had breakfast at BK and every week for awhile I would hear it while we were eating. So now, when I hear it, I can taste my sausage croissanwich.
the Goo Goo Dolls – I knew “Iris” because it was on the “City of Angels” soundtrack which was a great CD.
Green Day – I wasn’t a huge fan of Green Day when I first heard their music, but the more I heard it, the more I liked it, as you can tell by how many songs I have. I’d even list them as one of my favorite rock/alternative band.
In this section, I’ll figure out my favorites from this post and maybe some other stuff.
- Best Artist – Green Day
- Best Song – Paradise City (Guns ‘N Roses)
- Most Songs – Garth Brooks (17)
- Shortest Song – She (Green Day) (2:14)
- Longest Song – I Want Your Sex (George Michael (9:17)
- Artists seen in concert – Geoff Moore & the Distance (7 total)
- Total songs in this post - 99
- Total songs posted so far – 755
- Total songs added to playlist from comments - 42