Monday, January 27, 2014

Music Monday’s #16

zzz-musicmondays

Welcome to the next edition of Music Mondays.  It’s pretty basic, I take a playlist and put it on random, and post what comes up.

  • Playlist – “Anything & Everything”
  • Description – Anything from Christian to Rock, Rap to Country, Classical to 80’s.  It goes from the 1960’s to current.  Pretty much anything and everything that I like.
  • Number of songs on the playlist – 1,707 songs (up 13 songs from last post)

 

  1. Whatever (Our Lady Peace)
  2. Winds of Change (Russ Taff)
  3. You Wouldn’t Know (Hellyeah)
  4. All 4 Love (Color Me Badd)
  5. Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
  6. Rocketown (Michael W. Smith)
  7. Loser (3 Doors Down)
  8. Kiss A Girl (Keith Urban)
  9. No Taboo (White Heart)
  10. Invisible Touch (Genesis)
  11. What’s It Like (Everlast)
  12. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
  13. Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
  14. Bidi Bidi Bom Bom (Selena)
  15. These Days (Foo Fighters)
  16. Foundations (Geoff Moore & the Distance)
  17. Are You Ready (DeGarmo & Key)
  18. We Are in Love (Harry Connick Jr.)
  19. Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
  20. Heat of the Night (Bryan Adams)

Pretty decent mix of different genres.  Rock, Christian, Classic Rock, Country, 80’s and even a Jazz song and a Spanish artist.  That’s why I use this Spotify, so I can get a nice mix of everything.  My favorite song on this list is probably the Foo Fighters, These Days.

In this section, I randomly choose an artist from above and show all the songs I have on my playlist.  I used Random.org, put the numbers 1-20 and click random 3 times, the number 18 came up at the top which would be Harry Connick Jr in accordance to the list above.

This is a good choice since now he is on American Idol and people are learning who exactly he is.  I’ve always been a fan of his but I don’t listen to him enough to know a lot of his songs.  I fell in love with one song of his a long time ago and picked up a few others throughout the years.  But I believe he has a crap load of albums and songs.  For the uneducated, you may know him from a couple of songs on the When Harry Met Sally soundtrack like “It Had To Be You” or “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” or maybe you didn’t know he even sang and you knew him from the movies “Copycat” or “Independence Day”, I know he has other movies but those are the first 2 that come to my mind.  The ladies will remember “Hope Floats” and “PS, I Love You.”  Now that we get to see him on American Idol, we are starting to get to know the real Harry.  He’s straightforward and blunt but polite (most of the time) and funny.  I’ve already heard him tell one guy (who had no business trying out for Idol) just to go, that he was disrespecting the show just to get on TV.  Oh yeah, and the girls think he’s hot, so there’s that too.

harryconnickjr

I have 6 songs from his but I should probably go listen to his stuff and add more.  The song I mentioned above that I fell in love with was “We Are in Love”, a friend of mine had that album so we listened to it a bunch back then which is where those 3 songs came from, and as you can tell, the other 3 I ran across in movies.  Because of the type of music he plays, I just don’t run across much so like I said, I need to go listen to some of his albums sometime.  Maybe when I’m done running through the playlist, I only have a couple of hundred of songs left before I start over again.

zzz-trackoftheday

Track – Are We All We Are

Artist – P!nk

totd-screencap24

I haven’t done a Track of the Day in awhile so I went through and hand picked this one out of the ones I had saved just because I saw her perform at the Grammy’s last night.  The original reason I saved this song was just to tell you that I have recently discovered P!nk.  My wife introduced me to her a few years ago and I love a lot of her music and the more I learn about her, I love her as a person as well which you don’t get to say about celebrities too much anymore.  The song above isn’t even my favorite by her, but pretty much anytime I hear a song by her, I think of my wife and that certainly isn’t a bad thing.

Here’s her performance from last night.  It’s amazing enough that she does the acrobatics but to sing while doing this (I’ve read where she doesn’t lip sync) is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment