Monday, December 2, 2013

Music Mondays #13

zzz-musicmondays

Welcome to the next edition of Music Mondays.  It’s pretty basic, I take a playlist and put it on random, and post what comes up.

  • Playlist – “Anything & Everything”
  • Description – Anything from Christian to Rock, Rap to Country, Classical to 80’s.  It goes from the 1960’s to current.  Pretty much anything and everything that I like.
  • Number of songs on the playlist – 1,670 songs (up 64 songs from last post)

 

  1. Bodies (Drowning Pool)
  2. All Fired Up (Petra)
  3. Born This Way (Lady Gaga)
  4. Fade to Black (Metallica)
  5. Man In The Box (Alice in Chains)
  6. Take My Breath Away (Berlin)
  7. Gone, Gone, Gone (Phillip Phillips)
  8. Concerto For Piano in A Minor (Earl Wild, London Promenade Orchestra)
  9. Free Your Mind (En Vogue)
  10. Music For The People (Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch)
  11. Once in a Heartbreak (Crumbacher)
  12. My Prerogative (Bobby Brown)
  13. Please Don’t Leave Me (P!nk)
  14. Bad Case of Loving You (Robert Palmer)
  15. Jesus, Jesus, Glorious One (Petra)
  16. Who Wants to Live Forever (Queen)
  17. Sick Love Song (Motley Crue)
  18. Miss You Much (Janet Jackson)
  19. Also Sprach Zarathustra (Richard Strauss, SWR Symphony Orchestra)
  20. Walk This Way (Run DMC, Aerosmith)

I let you make of that list what you will.  There are a couple of classical music mixed in there.  I told you that I listen to almost everything.  Not too much new stuff up there, but you should recognize a few of the artists.

In this section, I randomly choose an artist from above and show all the songs I have on my playlist.  I used Random.org, put the numbers 1-20 and click random 3 times, the number 18 came up at the top which would be Janet Jackson in accordance to the list above.

janet jackson logo - Google Search

There is 11 songs up here but technically, I have 12 Janet Jackson songs because I also have Scream with Michael Jackson but it’s listed with him first.  Most of them I know because I lived in the 80’s, but I did have the Janet album in 1993.  Of course, I was 20 years old and part of the reason I loved that album was because of the photograph inside.

None of her songs really stick out to me, I really liked the music more than the lyrics.  It’s the kind of music I could dance to, well, you know, in private, because I can’t dance at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment