Sunday, November 3, 2013

Randomness #18

I’ve had 4 days off work and haven’t gotten anything done online.  Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing because I’ve been with the family most of the weekend.  On Thursday, I had a vacation day because my sister-in-law was going to be in the hospital and we wanted to be there for her.  So I spent all day at the hospital and then in the evening I took the kids trick-or-treating.  We had planned on spending all day Friday at the hospital as well but Cheri’s sister was in a lot of pain and things weren’t going to well so she didn’t want any visitors.  We did a little bit of running around but for the most part, hung around at home but I barely picked up my laptop so I didn’t get much done.  Yesterday, we went and hung out at the hospital all day again.  She was doing a little better and we basically just hung out in her room and chatted all day.  Today, not doing anything.  Sitting around all day.  Cheri’s sister is going home today so she is doing better.  So the only plans I have today are to pick up my kids at 7 tonight.  So it looks to be a PJ day.  Maybe get a couple of blog posts ready.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)               Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)               Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

I just finished watching the Hunger Games.  I watched it when it first came out on DVD and liked it but I really didn’t remember much about it.  But I had just finished the first book earlier this week and wanted to see the differences between it and the movie.  As usual, the book is much better.  The main reason is it just gives more detail about what is actually going on and what she is thinking.  They do change a few things, but not too much.  The book is definitely better.  I just started the 2nd one yesterday but haven’t gotten very far and probably won’t read more until Monday.  I haven’t looked to see when the 2nd movie comes out but I know it’s soon.  I should have all 3 read by the time it comes out.  I purchased the trilogy for $.99 awhile back so I’m reading all 3 back to back to back.

2013-10-31 17.20.26

3 nights ago, we did our annual trick or treating at my grandparents house.  We all get together for my grandfather’s “world famous” chili then take all the kids through their neighborhood.  The kids group is getting smaller as the kids are getting older and wanting to hang out with their friends instead.  As you can see, there are a couple of kids who don’t dress up now.  Samantha even said after Halloween that she may be done dressing up, but we’ll see in a year.  The tradition has been going on for a long time now so it probably won’t be stopping anytime soon.

Last night, or this morning rather, we got woke up at 5:30 by our doorbell.  Cheri goes out on the porch (we live on the upper level but our door is at the ground level) and apparently some drunk girl was trying to find her apartment by ringing a bunch of doorbells.  I guess, finally a guy that knew her saw her and yelled at her.  But since I was awake now (I have trouble going back to sleep after I get woken up) and I thought of a few ideas.  An article I might do for yahoo as well as a regular feature I might do here.  So I guess I shouldn’t complain about the dumb ass who woke me up.  Now it’s just taking the time to write them all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment