Monday, November 11, 2013

Music Mondays #12

zzz-musicmondays

Welcome to the next edition of Music Mondays.  It’s pretty basic, I take a playlist and put it on random, and post what comes up.

  • Playlist – “Anything & Everything”
  • Description – Anything from Christian to Rock, Rap to Country, Classical to 80’s.  It goes from the 1960’s to current.  Pretty much anything and everything that I like.
  • Number of songs on the playlist – 1,606 songs (up 29 songs from last post)

 

  1. Shakin’ the House (Petra)
  2. So Far Away (Avenged Sevenfold)
  3. That Summer (Garth Brooks)
  4. Dirty Minds (Here Comes the Mummies)
  5. Devour (Shinedown)
  6. Leaving Las Vegas (Sheryl Crow)
  7. Girl Can’t Help It (Journey)
  8. There’ll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry) (Billy Ocean)
  9. No One Does It Better (Salt–n–Pepa)
  10. Need You Now (Lady Antebellum)
  11. Bitch Came Back (Theory of a Deadman)
  12. Holy Ghost Power (Petra)
  13. Oh Yeah! (Yello)
  14. Joy To The World (Three Dog Night)
  15. Satan, You’re Cancelled (ETW)
  16. Pour Some Sugar On Me (Def Leppard)
  17. Callin’ Baton Rouge (Garth Brooks)
  18. Pressure (Billy Joel)
  19. Liberate (Disturbed)
  20. I Wanna Hold Your Hand (Beatles)

Nothing to impressive up there.  2 Petra and 2 Garth Brooks songs out of over 1600 songs in 17 songs.  Yes, I broke the 1600 songs mark, I started a new playlist with every song from this playlist and started it (longest song to shortest song) back on September 8th.  At that time there was 1,397 songs.  I finished all those songs today so it took just over 2 months to play every song.  Since I had that playlist started, when I added a song, I added it to the bottom of the playlist.  Now I’m playing through those.  There are 209 songs that I’ve added since then.

In this section, I randomly choose an artist from above and show all the songs I have on my playlist.  I used Random.org, put the numbers 1-20 and click random 3 times, the number 4 came up at the top which would be Here Come the Mummies  in accordance to the list above.

Random Thoughts From A Random Guy- Music Mondays

I only have 3 songs from Here Come the Mummies.  I came across this group back when I listened to the Bob & Tom show in the mornings.  You’d have to hear the lyrics to understand why they were on there.

Here’s the 2nd verse from Attack of the Weiner Man, which is technically about a hot dog cart vendor but you be the judge.

He waits all patient out in the street
All the honeys want to sample the meat
He can't help but relish the fact
(The Foot Long® Keeps you coming back)
Once you're feeling safe and cool
That's when the wiener man makes his move
Mm-m-Mm-M-M-M-M-M
(You can't scream when your mouth is full)

And here is the chorus from Pants.  It talks about waiting until a date night with a girl.

I'm coming in my pants, my shirt
It's my best suit baby
Gonna pick your flower
Gonna be there in an hour
Coming in my pants, shined shoes
In my neck tie honey
I'm so excited I hope that I don't come to soon

I really like the background music on their songs as well, be sure to hit YouTube and find a video or 2 of their songs.

1 comment:

  1. "Jeremiah was a bullfrog..."

    Man, I loved that song when I was a young teen (yeah, I'm OLD.)

    ReplyDelete