Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Written Word Wednesdays #3

Since I’ve been combining my WWW Wednesdays and Stacking the Shelves into one post, I’ve decided to rename the posts to Written Word Wednesdays. 

WWW_Wednesdays4

WWW Wednesdays #29

To play along, I’m supposed to answer 3 easy questions.

What are you currently reading?

Children of the Fog

Children of the Fog by Cheryl Kate Tardif

This has been pretty good so far, I’m a little under halfway.  Her son gets kidnapped right in front of her and she has to let “The Fog” take him or watch her son die.  But when her husband figures out what she knows, he tells the police which only enrages “The Fog”.

What did you recently finish reading?

Tankbread

Tankbread by Paul Mannering

Zombies in Austrailia?  Tankbread refers to the human clones that the geeks put out to satisfy the zombies enough to have a peace treaty.  But what happens when a tankbread could become the cure?  It’s a fight against the dead and the living who don’t want change.  I enjoyed it, it was definitely different which is always a plus.  I gave it 4 stars.

What do you think you’ll read next?

Sea Sick

Sea Sick by Iain Rob Wright

A cross between Groundhog Day and Titanic, only with a virus outbreak.

If you want to join on WWW Wednesdays, click the logo on top or go to http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/ and leave a comment.

Stacking the Shelves #13

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.

I actually purchased some more books this week.  It’s been a good week for free versions for the kindle.

Next Move, You're Dead (Next Move, You're Dead, #1)

 

Next Move, You’re Dead (Next Move, You’re Dead #1) by Linda L. Barton

A police thriller where someone knows everything about the detective and all his cases.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Version

 

Dead Drunk: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. One Beer at a Time

 

Dead Drunk: Surviving the Apocalypse. One Beer at a Time by Richard Johnson

After a bachelor party, the zombie apocalypse hits.  A bunch of drunk guys try to survive.  Sounds like a zombie book with some humor.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Version

 

Beyond the Eyes (Beyond the Eyes #1)

 

Beyond the Eyes (Beyond the Eyes #1) by Rebekkah Ford

A girl with premonitions has lived with it for years.  But when the premonitions are about her and something coming after her, it all changes.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Version

 

 

First Promise

 

First Promise (Blood Run Trilogy #1) by Christine Dougherty

A vampire trilogy, it’s been awhile since I’ve read one.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Version

 

 

 

The Raven

 

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe

I know, a classic?  While what I purchased was the poem with the original illustrations it also has commentary and other.  I’ll just read the poem as I’m not sure if I ever did.  If I did, I don’t remember it.

Purchase Price – Free

Kindle Version

No comments:

Post a Comment