Monday, October 14, 2013

Music Mondays #9

zzz-musicmondays

Welcome to the next edition of Music Mondays.  It’s pretty basic, I take a playlist and put it on random, and post what comes up.

  • Playlist – “Anything & Everything”
  • Description – Anything from Christian to Rock, Rap to Country, Classical to 80’s.  It goes from the 1960’s to current.  Pretty much anything and everything that I like.
  • Number of songs on the playlist – 1,544 songs (up 10 songs from last post)
  1. I am a Man of Constant Sorrow (the Soggy Bottom Boys)
  2. Purple Rain (Prince & the Revolution)
  3. Open Book (Petra)
  4. Bitch Came Back (Theory of a Deadman)
  5. Circle Slide (the Choir)
  6. Conga (Gloria Estefan, Miami Sound Machine)
  7. There’ll be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry) (Billy Ocean)
  8. California Love (2Pac)
  9. Open Arms (Journey)
  10. Making Love Out of Nothing at All (Air Supply)
  11. Second Chance (Shinedown)
  12. Last Chance Café (Allies)
  13. Rollin’ (Limp Bizkit)
  14. the Diary of Jane (Breaking Benjamin)
  15. If You’re Gone (Matchbox Twenty)
  16. Weathered (Creed)
  17. When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going (Billy Ocean)
  18. Everybody (Ingrid Michaelson)
  19. How Deep is Your Love (Bee Gees)
  20. Prayer (Disturbed)

Definitely a good mix in here.  I like the song Bitch Came Back sandwiched between 2 christian songs.  Over 1500 songs and I end up with 2 Billy Ocean songs too  Told you the random sucked.

I’ve decided to randomly choose an artist from above and show all the songs I have on my playlist.  I used Random.org, put the numbers 1-20 and click random 3 times, the number 15 came up at the top which would be Matchbox 20 in accordance to the list above.  This might take a few screen caps.

matchbox twenty - Google Search

I have 6 songs from Matchbox Twenty.  I used to have the CD Yourself or Someone Like You and really liked the whole CD but I only took the 4 from above.  I’d probably have more of their songs if I took the time to listen to them all.  I don’t ever listen to CD’s anymore, usually I’ll hear the song somewhere and like it and add it.  Don’t tell my wife that I only have 6, she loves Matchbox Twenty, luckily she probably quit reading my blog or at least these posts because she doesn’t like half my music.

zzz-trackoftheday

Track – Dreaming of You

Artist – Selena

totd-screencap17

I had never heard of Selena until I saw the movie about her career.  I’m not even sure where I saw it, someone else must have thrown it in somewhere.  But there was a song or two that I liked, this being on of them.  A tragic story, she gets killed right before she hits it big in the states.  I want to say it was the president of her fan club (an employee of hers) that did it after she was fired.  Something like that, it’s been awhile.

Some lyrics.

Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I wish on a star that somewhere you are
Thinking of me too

Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment