Welcome to the next edition of Music Mondays. It’s pretty basic, I take a playlist and put it on random, and post what comes up.
- Playlist – “Anything & Everything”
- Description – Anything from Christian to Rock, Rap to Country, Classical to 80’s. It goes from the 1960’s to current. Pretty much anything and everything that I like.
- Number of songs on the playlist – 1,544 songs (up 0 songs from last post)
- Born on the Bayou (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
- Faith (George Michael)
- Spinnin’ Round (DC Talk)
- Count On Me (Jefferson Starship)
- Ho Hey (the Lumineers)
- Closing Time (Semisonic)
- Said I Loved You…But I Lied (Michael Bolton)
- We Didn’t Start the Fire (Billy Joel)
- I Can Love You Like That (John Michael Montgomery)
- Savin’ Me (Nickelback)
- the Power of Love (Huey Lewis & the News)
- A Change Would Do You Good (Sheryl Crow)
- Rodeo (Garth Brooks)
- From This Moment (Shania Twain)
- Liberate (Disturbed)
- VooDoo (Godsmack)
- Affair of the Heart (Rick Springfield)
- Girl Can’t Help It (Journey)
- Epiphany (Staind)
- If God Is For US (Who Can Be Against Us) (DeGarmo & Key)
Wow! I made it 20 songs without a repeat artist. Lots of 80’s and modern rock, and not much Christian. My wife would be happy with that, she doesn’t like it when the Christian songs pop up in the car. I actually made another playlist without the Christian songs (and minus a few others) that I play when she’s in the car now.
This is also the first time that in 10 posts that I hadn’t added any songs since the previous post. Maybe I’m finally running out of songs, although I doubt it.
I’ve decided to randomly choose an artist from above and show all the songs I have on my playlist. I used Random.org, put the numbers 1-20 and click random 3 times, the number 10 came up at the top which would be Nickelback in accordance to the list above.
I’ll probably lose followers for admitting that I listen to Nickelback. To be honest, I’m not sure why everybody hates them. I don’t not listen to someone because everybody else doesn’t like them. If I like their music, I like their music. As you can see above, I enjoy at least 7 of their songs. My kids love Rockstar, I think my favorite is probably Photograph.
Track – Piano Man
Artist – Billy Joel
Billy Joel has a crap load of songs that I like and that could be considered Greatest Hits of the decade. My personal favorite song of his is Piano Man. I don’t really have a reason for it, but I love it. Lots of different stories all in one song, but what I really like is the chorus
Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright
I’ve always liked piano music too, maybe that has something to do with it as well.