Welcome to the next edition of Music Mondays. It’s pretty basic, I take a playlist and put it on random, and post what comes up.
- Playlist – “Anything & Everything”
- Description – Anything from Christian to Rock, Rap to Country, Classical to 80’s. It goes from the 1960’s to current. Pretty much anything and everything that I like.
- Number of songs on the playlist – 1,534 songs (up 104 songs from last post)
- Singing in my Sleep (Semisonic)
- 1, 2, 3, 4 (Plain White T’s)
- How You Remind Me (Nickelback)
- Locked Out of Heaven (Bruno Mars)
- Bad Religion (Godsmack)
- I Found Love (Geoff Moore & the Foundations)
- Know Your Enemy (Green Day)
- Take it to the Limit (Eagles)
- Fly Like an Eagle (Steve Miller Band)
- I’ll be There For You (Bon Jovi)
- Hero/Heroine (Boys Likes Girls)
- This Means War! (Petra)
- Piano Man (Billy Joel)
- Ice Cream Man (Van Halen)
- Always (Saliva)
- Speechless (Crumbacher)
- the Beautiful People (Marilyn Manson)
- Movin’ Out (Billy Joel)
- Trains up in the Sky (Mylon LeFevre & the Broken Heart)
- 21 Guns (Green Day)
In case, you didn’t notice up above, I added 104 songs to the playlist. Usually when I add songs, I get an artist or song in my head (usually hear it somewhere) and then go to their page and get the songs they sing that I know. After I do that, there is a page on each artists page that has related artists. If I recognize one of those, I do it all over again. Sometimes I’ll get a couple more songs, sometimes I’ll get 50 more. I know I added 16 songs from a new genre, it didn’t get represented in the 20 above, but I’m sure at one point it will.
I’ve decided to randomly choose an artist from above and show all the songs I have on my playlist. I used Random.org, put the numbers 1-20 and click random 3 times, the number 12 came up at the top which would be Petra in accordance to the list above. This might take a few screen caps.
Told you it would take a couple of screen shots. I count 46 tracks above, but I also noticed I had a same song listed twice (oops). As you can tell by the amount of different albums, they’ve been around awhile. As a matter of fact, the title of their latest tour is the 40th anniversary tour. So there you go. According to Wikipedia, they released 20 studio albums and I know they released all kinds of greatest hits albums. The last album I purchased was the last one listed above, Wake-Up Call. They actually released 5 or 6 more after that, so good thing I stopped listening to christian music then otherwise I’d probably have 60 or 70 of their songs listed. I had every studio album on cassette (ask your parents young en’s) up until Wake-Up Call.
They were probably the most famous christian band in the 80’s and 90’s. I’ve seen them in concert a bunch of times, I’d probably guess about 10-15 times. I was wearing one of their concert t-shirts when I got interviewed on the radio in Washington DC while doing a walk to the capital building (I don’t remember what the walk was for). They asked me what the saying on the back of my shirt meant. After thinking a minute and trying to remember what it said, I answered. It said “Get on your knees and fight like a man”.