Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Randomness #16

IMG_0932

For those of you asking, which is nobody, Samantha lost her last All-Star game and was eliminated.  But before I get to that, I have to tell you what happened when I got there.  I drove Cheri’s car because I had very little gas in mine and was trying to make it to Friday (it was on Thursday).  She has to be there an hour before the game starts so I drive out early and stay there and then my mom picks up Cheri and they show up at game time.  Anyways, when we got there, we got out of the car and went to the trunk to get her bat bag and my chair.  It was still locked, then I realized it was still running.  CRAP!  It was the first time I’ve locked my keys in the car in probably 20 years (I used to do it a lot when I was in school).  So Samantha had to do her pre-game practice in her slide on sandals and borrow the coach’s glove.  I felt like a dumb ass sitting on the bleachers with all the other parents knowing what I did.  Had I taken my car, you can’t lock the keys when the keys are in the ignition.  Stupid car.

But back to the game, it wasn’t pretty either, her team only came up with 2 hits and I’m not so sure it was their pitcher.  Our girls just weren’t into the game, at all.  Samantha only had 1 at bat and she grounded out.  I was still happy for her, she made All-Stars and she loves to play but she is done for the year.

Random Thoughts From A Random Guy

I’ve taken some time to update a couple of my pages above.  I caught myself up on the book page (although I will be taking some time in the future to change the layout) and I also updated my Social Media page, I deleted the GetGlue and FourSquare sections.  I don’t use either of them anymore.  GetGlue I stopped using when I updated the app on my phone and one of it’s permissions was to take photos and videos without my knowledge.  FourSquare I wouldn’t mind using, if more people did.  On the rare occasion (usually Walgreens) there would be a discount for checking in but I just got tired of using it.  I didn’t have many friends on it and only one local so it was kind of pointless to even know where those friends were.  I thought it would be fun to be close to someone and search them out, and surprise them.  But with nobody in the area, that really wasn’t going to happen.

I need to update the Track of the Day (I actually need to post more of those) and I wish I could add to the Published Content page but I haven’t come up with anything to write and publish.

Our foreman’s carry a cordless phone at work.  On the weekends, since the office personnel isn’t there, all phone calls are routed over the intercom so he knows when someone is calling.  While I was on my break Sunday, he came in and sat with me for a few minutes until they needed him on the line.  He walked out of the breakroom and left the phone on the table.  So I called the work number and listened to it ring over the intercom.  Since he didn’t have the phone on him, he had to run to the shipping office to answer it.  Apparently he didn’t realize he left the phone in the breakroom as he ran right past it to get to the office.  When he answered, I played stupid.  I basically repeated what he said.  He answered with the company name so I asked if it was the company name.  He said yes, this is his name, I asked if this was his name.  I told him my name was his name.  He eventually got mad and hung up on me.

After my break was over, I walked into the shipping office and handed him his phone and started repeating our conversation.  He proceeded to tell me that he called the cops and reported a prank call.  We argued, he kept to his story, I told him he was full of shit.  As I was walking back to my line, my phone rang.  It was a local number and I figured it was my foreman and he was going to act like a cop so I just sent it to my voicemail.  When I got upstairs, I sent Cheri a text message, gave her my foreman’s phone number and told her to copy and paste it to him.  He wouldn’t have her number in his phone.

Blogger- Random Thoughts From A Random Guy - Pages

I thought it was pretty funny but he never responded and I didn’t see him for a few hours until I was leaving.  I asked him if he got it, he said yes and asked if I got his phone call.  Apparently he had a friend call me to pretend to be the cops so I wouldn’t recognize the number.  We both think alike.

Tonight (Thursday) is Samantha’s birthday party at the local roller rink.  She’s been asking for one for years but we never had the money.  I don’t this year either but my mom offered to help pay for it so she’s finally getting it.  I’m debating on whether or not to skate because of my back.  I’ll be ok as long as I don’t crash which I don’t do often but it happens on occasion.  Last time we went was 2008.  I have some videos on my YouTube channel if you want to check those out.  There’s nothing special on my channel, mainly family stuff, which is why I don’t advertise it.

Cheri had Samantha help her with the cupcakes and cake.  It was a bonding experience that I know Samantha loved and I loved seeing it.  Their relationship has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 6 months or so.  The kids are much more comfortable around her.  I’ve always let it just grow rather than force it.  I’ve never told them to hug or kiss her (they do everybody else when leaving) and I’ve never told them to tell her goodnight.  They do both on occasion, not all the time, but more and more.  I know theEx has told them to kiss and hug the JackAss and Samantha says she doesn’t like it at all.  She actually complains about him a lot to us now but I don’t know if she’s just doing that because she knows we don’t like him or if she actually doesn’t like him.  I don’t think she does, but what do I know.

zzz-trackoftheday[3]

Track – No Se Tu

Artist – Luis Miguel

totd-screencap13

Holy crap!  It’s been over 4 months since I did one of these.  I have a bunch saved and I’ve been forgetting to throw some up here so I started where I left off.  If you know this song, congrats, and you probably speak Spanish.  This song is completely in Spanish, and no, I don’t speak it.  This song was in the movie “Speechless” a number of times.  It played along with the video and it’s supposed to be a love song.  I had a friend translate for me way back when I first heard it and I remember liking it.  I don’t remember what exactly it’s about now, but I still like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment