Monday, June 24, 2013

Music Monday’s #3

zzz-musicmondays

Welcome to the next edition of Music Mondays.  It’s pretty basic, I take a playlist and put it on random, and post what comes up.

  • Playlist – “Anything & Everything”
  • Description – Anything from Christian to Rock, Rap to Country, Classical to 80’s.  Pretty much anything and everything that I like.
  • Number of songs on the playlist – 1,272 songs
 
  1. Coming Undone (Korn)
  2. Cool Lookin’ Woman (Jimmy Vaughn)
  3. Far Behind (Candlebox)
  4. Ain’t No Grave (Russ Taff)
  5. Slither (Velvet Revolver)
  6. Callin’ Baton Rouge (Garth Brooks)
  7. This Means War (Petra)
  8. Breath (Breaking Benjamin)
  9. With Arms Wide Open (Creed)
  10. It’s The End of The World As We Know It (R.E.M.)
  11. Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
  12. Born on the Bayou (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
  13. Love Story (Taylor Swift)
  14. When I’m Gone (3 Doors Down)
  15. Little Bit Is Better Than Nada (Texas Tornados)
  16. So Cold (Breaking Benjamin)
  17. Frozen (Madonna)
  18. Stupify (Disturbed)
  19. Animals (Nickelback)
  20. Help (Beatles)

There’s a lot more of my normal music on this list so that is good.  I spent the last few weeks taking my playlist and dividing it up between decades just to give you an idea of what all is there.  I’ll list the decade, how many songs, and the top 5 artists (top 5 as in most songs in the decade on my playlist).

  • 1950’s (7 songs – Frank Sinatra, Frankie Lymon, George Jones, Jerry Lee Lewis, Nat King Cole)
  • 1960’s (50 songs – the Beach Boys, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Beatles, the Righteous Brothers, Rolling Stones)
  • 1970’s (113 songs – Billy Joel, Queen, Aerosmith, Boston, Foreigner)
  • 1980’s (383 songs – Petra, Van Halen, Michael W. Smith, White Heart, Journey)
  • 1990’s (418 songs – DC Talk, Michael Jackson, Michael W. Smith, Garth Brooks, the Choir)
  • 2000’s (242 songs – Godsmack, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Staind, Puddle of Mudd)
  • 2010’s (53 songs – Maroon 5, P!nk, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Halestorm)

As you can see, the majority of my playlist is from the 80’s and 90’s.  And a lot of those are the christian music that I used to listen to.  The 2010’s is probably low because I never listen to the radio anymore so I don’t ever add anymore new songs.  I should probably rectify that but I don’t really go any great distances so I end up listening to 2 songs before I’m getting out of the car.  Either that or 20 minutes of commercials which is why I never listen to the radio anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment