I have stuff to blog about, but I’m not really in the mood to blog about it. I could tell you how my oldest daughter got my wife to keep paying for her storage, even though she’s got over $6000 in her bank account and we’ve struggled to eat this past couple of weeks. Or how my wife knew about the money and still paid it. Or how the same daughter could teach a class on how to make money from financial aid for college. Or how my oldest son surprised us by coming up from Virginia last weekend. The problem being he quit his full time job before he came up and he’s blowing through his money on fast food and pop because he knows the first bank of grandma will give him some when he runs out. Or that my whole family has all kinds of time off next week and I have to work 5 days. Or how when I thought we’d be able to buy a house this summer, but my credit score is freaking 10 points to low. Or how the AC was out for 3 days and it was 90°+ on those days.
All that has gotten me pissed off in the past week at one point or the other. But I had a decent day today so I don’t want to talk about the crappy part of my life. Let’s talk about the good.
- My oldest son has come home for a visit. He has been pleasant and helpful around the house. I think we bore him to death because we don’t do anything and he always has to be moving but he says he’s not bored. He was originally just going to stay the weekend, then that extended to the next Friday, now he’s here through the 4th. Like I said, I don’t mind him being here, he isn’t a bother. But I do enjoy my evenings with Cheri and no kids, not that we do anything, but it’s our time.
- My oldest daughter has found her own apartment. We love her, but she annoys us. Granted, very rarely is she ever home, but she is at night and she has no clue how to be quiet. She can’t even open a freaking door without being loud, she grabs the doorknob’s, yanks the doors open and close, slams the cabinets, fridge and toilet lid shut. She just doesn’t care about anybody around her. So we are happy that she’s on her own, just so we can sleep without getting woke up. Sure, we worry about her being on her own, but she’s self sufficient and will be fine.
- I don’t think I’ve mentioned it before here but Samantha has made the All-Star team in softball. She had her first practice last week and a batting practice tonight. Of course, I’m happy for her but it also means I get to watch her play more. I’m really enjoying watching her this year and she looks like she’s really enjoying playing. Here’s a vine video of her in the batting cage - https://vine.co/v/haagaKvYgX2. It may not work in chrome but I’m told it works in other browsers. If you follow my Twitter you can link up to my Vine page or just continue to follow Twitter because they’ll probably all be posted through there. Or you can watch the following YouTube video.
- Trevor’s team made it to the championship game which is tomorrow morning. While it sucks it’s at 9 am, I’m happy his team has made it this far. He’s not as good as his sister and to be honest, he doesn’t even look like he’s having fun, but he says he is and wants to play so there it is. I’d say that they are favored to win, his team is the best in the league. While they have taken a couple of losses, they are definitely the better team. I believe they’ll be facing the team that they beat in the first round but they barely beat them in the final inning so it’s certainly not in the bag. I know it’s a double elimination tournament and they haven’t lost so they will have to lose 2 in order to not win it all.
- Had a good day at the pool with the family. 3 of my kids, 2 of my brothers, and 4 of my cousins kids plus the adults. I even took a dip in the pool for awhile, got in a water battle with Samantha (she lost, of course). It was a pleasant afternoon. If you follow my Instagram, you would have already seen this photo.
The bad part is, I couldn’t do the infamous butt dive because of my back issues (I think I’ve mentioned them here). I was also supposed to go golfing with my cousin from North Carolina in a few days and I think I’m going to have to bow out of that too. What is the infamous butt dive you ask? Ask and ye shall receive. This is from a couple of years ago.
Upon further review, holy crap am I white in that video. Ignore the fat gut, just watch the dive.
So I guess you take the good with the bad. While it has been a crappy week in some areas of my life (including work, because it always sucks), there is also is some good points. So I guess I’ll dwell on those and try to enjoy my weekend, before I have to go back to hell (work) next week for 5 12 hour days.