Friday, April 5, 2013

A to Z Challenge - E

If your new to this Challenge, every day of April, minus the Sundays you blog about the letter assigned for that day. To find out why I’m blogging about what I’m blogging about, then go here. Today’s letter is

Samantha’s word – Elephant

I think of elephants, I think of the zoo, or Dumbo, or Horton.  So as you can imagine I don’t have much to say.  My first though was Jim Carrey coming out the ass of one but when I googled the video to put on here, I realized it was a Rhino, not an elephant.  Oh wait, elephant ears, now we’re talking.  I LOVE elephant ears.  I only get them a few times a year anymore.  I always get one at the Maple Syrup Festival which should be coming up in a month or so.  I ate a bunch of them the year I lived in Wakarusa (where the festival is).   I lived a block away from all the food, that was a great weekend but I think I gained 30 pounds.  How about elephantitis?  Nah, let’s not go there.

Trevor’s word – Elk

The county I technically live in is Elkhart, that’s about as close as I can get to Elk.  The city of Elkhart had a pretty awesome fund raiser this past summer where businesses bough these Elk sculptures and they were all in charge of painting them.  They usually painted them in accordance to their business or a charity and then after being displayed for 5 months, they were auctioned off with the proceeds going to CAPS which is Child And Parent Services of Elkhart County.

I googled to find some pictures and came across a whole website devoted to the event – ElkArtonParade.

Elk Art On Parade - 13-Pop-Art  Elk Art On Parade - 15-Native-American-Tribute  Elk Art On Parade - 16-Helping-Hands

Those are just 3 of the 30 of them.  I thought it was a unique fundraiser and it went along with the city and county name.  I don’t know how much they raised or if it was even a successful fundraiser, but like I said, I liked it because it was unique.

Want to know what the A to Z Challenge is all about? Check it out at the A to Z Challenge blog.

Speaking of fundraisers, click the banner below to donate to the MS Walk.

National MS Society- Walk MS- Michiana 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment