Thursday, September 20, 2012

TBell and Wally Hell

Does anyone else get annoyed when you go through the drive-thru at Taco Bell and they ask how you are doing?  Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind the question so much but the fact that I’m supposed to order after they say it.  The conversations should be like this.

Taco Bell “Hello, how are you today?”

Me “Just fine, thanks”

Taco Bell “Great, may I take your order?”

Me “One of everything, please”

If that was the way the ordering went, I would be cool with it.  But, sometimes I always get the lazy teller.

Taco Bell “Hello, how are you today?”

Me “Just fine, thanks”

Taco Bell “……………..”

That’s right, I wait until they ask to take my order.  For all I know, they aren’t ready.

Taco Bell “…………….”

I’m just sitting here, staring at the speaker, and waiting.  I don’t know what they want for me to do next, they haven’t told me.

Taco Bell “Go ahead and proceed with your order”

Me “I’ll take one of everything, please”

My wife is used to it now, but I think it annoyed her that I made them ask.  I guess in a way, it does make me sound like I think I’m better than them but the way I see it is I’m giving them a courtesy.  I feel like if I just start telling them my order without them asking, that it makes me sound like I’m above them.  Here’s my order, I don’t care if your ready kind of attitude.   I think I’m doing the right thing, I guess it doesn’t matter.

And while I’m bitching about Taco Bell, our local one that I frequent, is located in front of what used to be an outlet mall type of building.  A church bought the building and redid the parking lot along with an auto parts store on the corner.

Google Maps(1)

As you can tell, when you enter and follow the directions (yellow arrows) you have to go all the way around the median and then hang a sharp left and cut through the parking lot to get to the Taco Bell.  That is the only entrance to the TBell.  If you come down the backside of it, you still have to drive all the way around it to get to the parking lot or drive-thru.  So what are the green arrows?  That’s how I go in.  I always look first but if nobody is coming out, I go in the exit.  Such an easier drive.  I suppose one of these days I’ll probably do it in front of a cop and get a ticket for something.

And speaking of horrible parking lots.  Check out the local Walmart.

Google Maps

The yellow arrows are the way to get in.  Where the yellow arrows start is where the stop light is at.  So that’s the entrance most people use.  Very poor planning.  Don’t even get me started on that.

2 comments:

  1. You're right; that does look like poor planning. I probably wouldn't shop there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate shopping there. But it's convenient and has 1 stop shopping so I do it anyways.

      Delete