Friday, July 6, 2012

Holidays and off days

Had a good couple of days off from work.  I told you about golfing on Tuesday here,  Wednesday was the 4th so we did our traditional cookout which happens to be at the same place that we go to the pool.

2012-07-04_12-53-21_570

Only this time, my cousin, whom I haven’t seen in probably 10 years, was there.  She hung out with us original four that were always together.  I’ve been telling my wife for the last year, anytime her name came up, I miss her.  Well, I don’t miss her anymore.  I talked to her for awhile and we got all caught up.  Came home, friended her on Facebook and now hopefully will keep in touch.  She didn’t get to meet Cheri though since it was too hot for her to go to the cookout.  She would have lasted a few minutes in that heat and would have been down for the count for a few days.

The thing I’m known for when swimming in the pool, is the butt dive.  What is the butt dive, you ask.  You stand at the very edge of the board, on your heels.  Then you just drop and land with your butt on the diving board and flip into the water.  It doesn’t sound like much, but everyone else that has tried it, has hurt themselves.  Well, I finally got2012-07-04_14-50-21_412 my cousins kid to do it right.  The tricks are number 1, you have to land with your butt on the board, if your to far forward and you hit the edge, you’ll feel it all the way up your spine.  And number 2, spread your feet after you hit the board, otherwise you’ll hit them on the bottom of the board as you go over.  You can see in the picture of my cousins kid why spreading the feet is important.  Oh wait, come to think about it, I think my wife filmed me doing one last year.  Let me see if I can find that.  Hang on a sec.

Ok, I found it.  Ignore the whiteness of my fat gut.  Hopefully it won’t gross you out too much.  Here it is.

DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!

Wow, I can’t believe I shared that.  Anyways, after the cookout we headed home and hung out and relaxed in the AC.  Tina was supposed to take the kids that evening but cancelled on them.

So on Thursday, I asked what they wanted to do.  Something indoors that they wanted to do.  They said they wanted to go bowling.  So I got online and checked prices and decided to take them bowling.  I decided to go to Signature Lanes, it’s probably the furthest alley from home but I’ll show you why in a minute.

Samantha was upset because she didn’t get to use bumpers.  They had an age limit on them, but Trevor got to use them.  That was fine with me because it’s high time she learned to bowl without them so I worked with her.  She wasn’t doing too bad by the time we finished.  She had trouble aiming the ball but when she did manage to aim it right, she did well.

Before we started, I went over and ordered a snack and some pop.  Then we got to bowling.

2012-07-05_13-08-41_7442012-07-05_12-30-52_159

We started bowling.  I took a couple of shots.  Samantha would only take a few steps before she threw the ball because she had trouble aiming if she ran up.  Trevor on the other hand, ran up there and chucked the bowling ball.  We got a few frames in and then our snack came.

2012-07-05_12-38-52_9481

Oh yeah, I ordered the super fries.  I spent many of nights here at the bar drinking and eating for free and this is what I ordered along with all those shots of liquor I was taking.  French fries with melted cheese, bacon, onions and green peppers.  The kids weren’t too sure about them but I had to fight them for them by the time they were gone.  We finished our first game.

2012-07-05_13-04-00_916

Yeah baby, I still got it.  Trevor edged out Samantha as you can see, she struggled to not throw it in the gutter without bumpers.  Trevor on the other hand got to use them.

2012-07-05_12-45-00_981After this game I saw this lady bowling a few lanes down.  Oh my god, her hair was horrible.  It was like dreads.  I tried to get a picture of her, this was as good as it got.

You can’t expect any better than that from me, I took a bunch of photos but this was the best one.  I’m no “Misty’s Laws”, she’s a professional with her camera phone.  So you’ll just have to trust me, it was horrible.

I pointed it out to Samantha and told her that’s what her hair looks like when she doesn’t shower every day.  Hey, I might as well use this as a teaching opportunity.  We have issues trying to get her shower every day.

2012-07-05_13-21-21_120Anyways, back to bowling.  We started our 2nd game, kids were having a blast.  It was an enjoyable day with just the 3 of us.

       2012-07-05_12-30-39_123

Trevor really got into it.  He would throw the ball then stare at the pins to knock them down.  I swear he thought if he stared hard enough they would fall down.  Then when he hit some, he turn around and do a fist pump, it was hilarious!

2012-07-05_13-21-05_904         2012-07-05_13-24-52_430

The stare and the fist pump!

We had a great time.  Of course, I had a good time because of this.

2012-07-05_13-35-27_382

Yeah baby, I still got it.  Samantha’s score went down but she did do better as far as keeping it on the lane.  As you can see, Trevor got better too, almost hitting 100 with his 95.

It’s been a good few days, until I went back to work today.  Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment